04 ltz 400 dies when you give it gas

i took my quad to a buddy of my friends so he could put brakes on it and alxe bearings and when he got ready to bring it back he said it wouldnt start so he said he took the carb apart and couldnt get it to run so i think he broke it.... but when we got it back me and my pops took the carb off and it had a tiny crack in it and we put some jb weld on it. fired it up and itll idle all day long but soon as you give it gas it shuts off. but if you put your hand over the air intake itll run.. can somebody tell me what i should get to fix it??? thanks alot!!!!

Too much air sounds like? either jet the carby up a few sizes or restrict the amount of air it can suck. Personally i'd be jetting it. I think my 03 LTZ400 has like a 178 or 180 or something like that after i finished jetting it.

i took my quad to a buddy of my friends so he could put brakes on it and alxe bearings and when he got ready to bring it back he said it wouldnt start so he said he took the carb apart and couldnt get it to run so i think he broke it.... but when we got it back me and my pops took the carb off and it had a tiny crack in it and we put some jb weld on it. fired it up and itll idle all day long but soon as you give it gas it shuts off. but if you put your hand over the air intake itll run.. can somebody tell me what i should get to fix it??? thanks alot!!!!

if you just need a carb body i have one that i have taken many parts off.

is it of interest to you ?