Sign in to follow this  

What class for 125?

I was wandering what class I should race my cr125 in. I'm just starting racing but ive been riding for around 11 years now and I think I have some experience. Should I race 250c or schoolboy.? I heard Schoolboy is mostly B riders though?

I don't know how it is over in NJ but here in MO all the really fast kids ride the 125 only class. These are kids who could be A riders but they and/or their parents don't have the money or time race a lot. Schoolboy is usually full really fast kids as well. I'd say 250C or 250 beginner (if you all have it over there) would be your best bet. I raced my KX144 in 250C. I would have gotten smoked in 125 only and schoolboy even with the extra cc's. That's why I got my YZ. Now I have the power advantage over the 250F's.

I don't know what it's like in Jersey but here in MN the 250C class is WAAAAYYYY crowded. Our track always has to run two heats of 250C, all other classes are one heat. If you're not real fast you may be better off riding with fewer faster people with better skills. There's less chance of some goon taking you out.

yeah the 250C class is always crowded as hell. we run 2 heats most of the time as well. the 125 class is full of fast kids but its good to get a chance to run with all the fast guys.