Sign in to follow this  

Battery Life for CRF230

I was wondering what everyone's experience has been with battery life in the CRF230.

My bike is a 2006 and still has the stock battery. The original owner bought the bike new in 2007 and barely rode it (he says maybe 10hrs, and I believe it). I bought it in early 2008, and my husband installed an hour meter before I even started riding it. The hour meter now reads about 120hrs. The original owner let the battery run down and my husband did have to charge it when we got it.....but that was the last time. He starts it regularly throughout the winter and lets it run.

I was curious about how long I can expect this battery to last. We'll be heading to Georgia and Florida in March and I'd hate to have to buy a battery while we're gone.

I was wondering what everyone's experience has been with battery life in the CRF230. My bike is a 2006 and still has the stock battery.

Assume you mean original (not stock) battery?

You are way over due. Get a batttery tender if you let it set at all.

You are way over due. Get a batttery tender if you let it set at all.

+1 I have a 2005 and I'm on my third battery.....but also smartened up and got a battery tender for when it'll be sitting for a while......Mass winters killed the first 2.......:smirk:

I have a 2007,original battery,never put it on a battery charger or anything before,ride quite often and have yet to have a problem with it.

I have an 07 and mine is getting weak. Had a couple hard starts last summer. I always pull my batteries and bring them indoors in the winter and put them on a charger. So, it's had an easy life with proper maintenance. For the $$$ of replacement, don't risk messing up your hard earned vacation. Be proactive and replace it now. It's time.

Battery Brand makes a difference. The Chinese batteries are cheap to buy and last about 2 years.

The Yuasa (Taiwan) batteries seem to be better made and last longer, but that's an opinion.

Not enough battery changes to prove it.

Still have the original stock one in my 06 and have a tender on it every other month. zero problems so far and the bike is ridden hard by friends and family.