Sign in to follow this  

crf250r cam timing

alright.. well i have gotten the punch mark on the primary gear aligned with the arrow on the case, and the marks on my cam are aligned with the head... i have heard it both ways but some people say that i also need to align the mark on the ignition cover somwhere in between the 2 lines on fly wheel.. but the mark on my ignition cover is actually to the right of those 2 lines. any idea if it needs to be re adjusted? or does the ignition side not matter? i really needs some help on this one

ya i understand that.. and the mark in this picture is aligned. and my cam is alinged with the head.. but yet the marks on the ignition are NOT aligned.. is somthing wrong or am i ok?

ya i understand that.. and the mark in this picture is aligned. and my cam is alinged with the head.. but yet the marks on the ignition are NOT aligned.. is somthing wrong or am i ok?

If you're referring to the lines on the flywheel, there are a couple of them. Unless you don't know exactly which one you need to align to the arrow, use the other side. I don't know off the top of my head because I mainly use the other side.

The first mark on the flywheel is fire, (this is BTDC).

The second mark is TDC.