Sign in to follow this  

Trying to sell my bike.. Good price?

I put this up earlier today & I'm hoping this is a good price and if I can get this much for it thatd be great! But what do you all think? You probably know better on value and everything than me. Just wondering.

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/mcy/2783933247.html

Btw Im just selling it to get an 09 KX250F, not getting out of riding in any way

I bought a titled 02 YZ 125 last year about this time for $950 that came with a pretty nice aluminum ramp and a bunch of other miscellaneous accessories. I rode it for a couple months and sold it for $1050 and kept the accessories. Super clean bike too. Kinda wish I woulda kept it. You will know within the first day if you have it priced right. No calls generally means price is too high. Expect a ton of calls and texts from kids offering you $500 for it and alot of others who just need to talk to their dad first. That is the worst part about selling an affordable 125 IMO.

Indeed, but I can relate to them because I'm the kid that had to check with his dad too lol. Just 16 so he usually wants to be there when I'm meeting with a complete stanger. That YZ sounds like a good deal though, I acutally bought this for 1300 a couple years ago & put alot into it since, but the problem with starting is going to kill the price

"It's a really good bike with just one problem. I believe it's something to do with the jetting of the carb, but to get it to start I have to spray about a one second burst of carb cleaner in the carb. Once it starts it runs flawlessly and you can come test it out if you'd like, I ride it several times every week & there are no mechanical problems with it whatsoever.

The fact you need to use carb cleaner to start it seems like a mechanical problem to me!

It has brand new sprockets and chain with less than 2 hours on them, black Excel rims, tires are in excellent condition, full pro circuit pipe, fairly new plastics that I bought right after the bike

Tires dont look that brand new to me!,

new top end (It was done right before I bought the bike & was the first to ride it after)

So, you put a new top end in, rode it and now you claim its new!? Wouldnt that make it used?

like I said it runs great and I have no problem showing anyone how well it works. I love it but I'm going to step up to a new 250f just for a change, so no trades please. Text or call with any questions at (After 3:35 since I'm back in school)"

I think you are a little high on your expectations of this bike.

Glad you pointed all that out. I typed it up at the airport today, & its not looking as good as I thought it did haha

"As the ad says. I have a 98 Kawi KX 125. The bike comes with a few newer parts, like tires, chain and sprockets, plastic, black excel rims, and top-end. The bike also has a Pro-circuit pipe. The bike runs great, but can be hard to start. I think its to do with the jetting but im not really good at jetting. Once it starts, it runs great.

I like to ride a few times every week but im looking to upgrade to a 250f. Like I said, it runs great. This is a good reliable bike for someone to start out on. It is cheap and easy to maintain. This is a good bike for someone that is just learning the sport. No trades please. Text or call with any questions at........"

This would be my ad

Sorry I never went through the whole editing so it didnt change, its looking better now imo. But I'm not too confident about the price

Indeed, but I can relate to them because I'm the kid that had to check with his dad too lol. Just 16 so he usually wants to be there when I'm meeting with a complete stanger. That YZ sounds like a good deal though, I acutally bought this for 1300 a couple years ago & put alot into it since, but the problem with starting is going to kill the price

The annoying part isn't that they have to check with their dad,it's that you never hear from them again. I think alot of them were just kids cruising CL who hadn't actually spoken to their folks about getting a bike before they replied to the ad. I must have had two dozen replies to my ad,and they came at all hours. I knew the first person who actually came to see it would buy it,and that's what happened. It took almost two weeks before somebody finally came to see it first hand though,and the guy who did buy it was in his 40's.

Sorry I never went through the whole editing so it didnt change, its looking better now imo. But I'm not too confident about the price

The market will dictate the price. If you aren't in a hurry to sell,you stand a better chance of getting what you want out of it. And tax refunds will start coming back before to long,so people will have cash that they are willing to spend. Hell,I'm thinking about listing my bike for too much money over tax season,just to see if I can get enough to update a few years! Lol

The market will dictate the price. If you aren't in a hurry to sell,you stand a better chance of getting what you want out of it. And tax refunds will start coming back before to long,so people will have cash that they are willing to spend. Hell,I'm thinking about listing my bike for too much money over tax season,just to see if I can get enough to update a few years! Lol

Good point! haha I'll probably end up waiting & getting the price I'd like because I'm borrowing a good part of the money for this new one in the first place

Yeah that's definantly true. This is the bike I'm going for & just dont want the opportunity to slip away. http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/mcy/2718942909.html

The ad is old but I texted the guy yesterday and he still has it. But this is just what I'm looking for, All stock & not all worn out

Clean looking bike. Of course it should look clean since its sitting at a car wash in the picss. Lol Good luck. It looks like a nice upgrade.

Clean looking bike. Of course it should look clean since its sitting at a car wash in the picss. Lol Good luck. It looks like a nice upgrade.

Haha I thought the same thing, being just washed makes it look better but still being an 09 should look pretty good. Thanks, I'm counting on it lol