Sign in to follow this  

Newbie Trail Rider Gets His Bike

I posted a thread a few days back asking for recommendations for a trail bike. I appreciate all the replies. I purchased my bike yesterday. I bought a 1998 XR 250. It looks/runs great and fires on the first kick. I'll post pics after Comcast gets out here to fix my cable line. Once again, thanks for the advice guys.

See you in Sam Houston! :smirk:

Jet

Good choice on the XR...they are bulletproof. Another good thing about the XRs is that they hold their value fairly well..so when you are ready to upgrade, you can probably sell for close to what you paid. If you ever get up to the North Texas area, check out Red River Motorcycle Trails..its some good riding.

I posted a thread a few days back asking for recommendations for a trail bike. I appreciate all the replies. I purchased my bike yesterday. I bought a 1998 XR 250. It looks/runs great and fires on the first kick. I'll post pics after Comcast gets out here to fix my cable line. Once again, thanks for the advice guys.

See you in Sam Houston! :smirk:

Jet

Can't ask for a better starter bike that that. It can also be a really fun expert bike too...

JayC

I had a 96 XR400 back when they came out, great rock solid mount and it never gave me any problems. Enjoy it!

Congrats and nice looking bike. I had one years back and sold it like a dummy; wish I still had it as a chase bike for the grandkids. Great bikes enjoy!:smirk: