2 stroke header pipe gaurd questions!!!!!

hi im ice riding my 2001 yz 125 this year i got 300 in the front tire and 400 in the back ? and i wannt protect my fmf fatty so if i eat shit on that side it will be protected i was thinkin about gettin a moose carbon fiber pipe guard but i heard there not that strong and there wayyy outa my price range at $150ish and i saw the aluminum pipe guards that are universal and i think that will be fine and protect it decent 4 what i am doing and i dont do enduro so i wont need that much pipe protection but i wanna know if the rattling of the bike will scrach or scuff up my chrome pipe or is there stuff on the aluminum pipe guards that help prevent that, thanks

The pipe guards are best for protection from rocks & dings & stuff. If you eat s*#t and land right on it, you will taco your pipe. The guards are rigid & wont give so the neck of the pipe will get smashed all to hell. So, run a guard & be protected from roost & rocks & dings & take a chance of taco'ing your pipe, or go without the guard & possibly suffer a few dings & dents (can be fixed sometimes) but stand a better chance of not crushing the neck of the pipe.

Any of the carbon guards are very strong. Moose, E-Line whatever. I have never used an aluminum one but I'm sure they are even more rigid. The carbon ones will flex a little which is good. I have an E-Line carbon one & it has lots of dings & scratches in it.

I agree with rusty. The carbon fiber pipe gaurds are excellent. My buddy has one on his ktm and he laid the bike down hard on a rock and there was just a tiny scratch on the gaurd. The aluminum ones are nice as well and in my opinion a little cheaper if you r on a budget. But personally unlike the carbon fiber ones the best

Agreed. It sounds like you are more worried about it bending if tipped over and not that concerned with dings and dents. You are looking for something to keep it straight, but the carbon fiber and aluminum ones don't do that very well.

I am sure it is out of your price range, but the Hyde plates are what you are looking for. They are big and gaudy, but provide you with the structural stability you are looking for (I would think).

id agree with the carbon guard, its more forgiving on your pipe, plus looks good and is resistant to corrision, they are pricey though, i found one on ebay for 30 bucks, so i would suggest keeping your eyes peeled