Sign in to follow this  

Bought a TE511.... Need hard parts now !

Brought home the 2012 TE511 yesterday and must say am impressed over all with the product... I haven't road it except a short road test at the dealer and needed messing with the catch can setup.... I can tell you the beast with in showed up after a couple descret things are done, but hardly runs in stock form......... now I need or might make my own bar risers and am looking to buy a skid plate .... I like the stock plate but am looking to protect the footpeg area....... I would also like to go smaller on the front sprocket does anyone know if a 14 or 15 is stock..... Seems it geared for a 100 mph and plan on gearing it down for 1st gear slow crawling.... Can't wait till it's eargonomicaly correct to ride cause I am 6'2" and stand alot on the trail and don't even want to ride it till bike fits me and is protected.... Thanks fellas

Meca Systems =12"]http://www.mecasystem.fr/recherche/?filtre[4]=12also has a skid plate and some other pieces, you can order them stateside via http://www.rallymanagementservices.com/collections/husquavarna

They are pricy compared to the Uptite.

A lot of people (including me) have installed the JD Tuner after installing the mapII jumper and removing the o2 sensor.

I am working out of town right now

but soon as I get home I am building a custom rack and a skid plate for my 449.

Haven't seen anything that fits the bill for me.

made my rack for my WR and it came out sweet.

made my buddies skid plate for his YZ250 then had to make one for his bro.

I bought the up-tite bash plate..... Very nice armore ! I still need to cap the brass on the intake ( going to fill it with solder) and put the hose back on adjust bars and controls then break in the stock tires..... My understanding is 20 hrs of easy riding for a good break-in on these.

I am working out of town right now

but soon as I get home I am building a custom rack and a skid plate for my 449.

Haven't seen anything that fits the bill for me.

made my rack for my WR and it came out sweet.

made my buddies skid plate for his YZ250 then had to make one for his bro.

I'd like to see the handy work when your done ! I seen the one on the market, looked small...

Not sure if this works.

I have not figured out how to post pictures

photo.php?fbid=229232433821210&set=a.229232430487877.54033.229227240488396&type=1&theater

oh if the picture does work the FMF decal is something I had sitting in the garage and just stuck on there.

It is 1/4inch aluminum with countersunk holes to bolt to the frame.

On the Husky I will make a bracket that this will bolt to.

Also I will make it so one can still access the fuel tank readily. Easy peasy.

F*@# I am the dumbest.

Can't figure how to post pics.

go to face book look up Cafe husky

F*@# I am the dumbest.

lol me too I can't do it either ! I will check it out I'm on both of the other.

Road the bike to work yesterday and like other threads have stated the bike doesn't like freeway speed... No big deal to me cause now I don't need to order a rear sprocket , I have a 13t ordered to get first gear where I need it for slow crawling (hopefully !).... Seems to like 50 mph cruising with stock gears but it's hard to tell with the quiet exhaust note.... I can't wait to take it trail riding, my breaf jog in the field across from my house seemed promising !

....... I can't wait to dump the factory oil in it, they fill them with castrol and that has to be the worst oil !!

F*@# I am the dumbest.

You can't post pics direct unless you are a TT member (pay ur money), otherwise, get a photobucket or similar account and post the link.