Thinking of doing GNCC/hare scambles

Hey guys, I am 16 years old and ride a Kawasaki KX 100 (2009) and I am confused about what classes I can enter for GNCC racing. Some classes say ages 16+ but 250cc or above, and the supermini is 85cc to 112cc if I remember correctly, but its for people like ages 12-15 I think. I am a trail rider of 10 years and am decently aggressive and fast paced. I have mucho experience with 2 strokes and feel confident in my ability to finish a race. Could anyone reccomend a class for a 16 year old with decent abilities who rides a KX 100 21 inch front wheel, 19 inch rear? I know there are tire size restrictions on the mini class which I thought might stop me from getting into the super mini class, the restriction is 19 front, 16 back I think. Also, how much can I expect to pay for a Camelbak?

Hate to break it to you, but at 16, if you want to race a GNCC, you'll have to step up to a full size bike. The exceptions would be to run in the Sportsman or Trail Rider classes since those are non-points paying, non-contingency class.

Hate to break it to you, but at 16, if you want to race a GNCC, you'll have to step up to a full size bike. The exceptions would be to run in the Sportsman or Trail Rider classes since those are non-points paying, non-contingency class.

damn, im too short ?

damn, im too short ?

Well, if you're just looking to do a few for fun, enter the Trail Rider class and enjoy the experience on your current bike. If the bug bites hard, then pick up a 125 and lower the suspension a bit and race the 200 class in the future.

There's nothing stopping him from entering the 200cc class with his 100 is there ?

There's nothing stopping him from entering the 200cc class with his 100 is there ?

I suppose if he could slap a big bore kit to take it to 122 he could. Rules set that as the minimum displacement for the 200 class (actually, all of the adult classes except the women's classes where mini bikes are OK). http://www.gnccracing.com/pages/2012-gncc-classes

Where in NC do you live? We have a great local NC series you could race... www.yourrace.com You would probably start in light C class in the 3:30pm race

I live in Willow Springs, NC, south of Raleigh. I travel about 50 miles to Busco Beach a few times a month so an hour trip isn't a big deal for me. I'll read up on the website and check rules/regulations

I suppose if he could slap a big bore kit to take it to 122 he could. Rules set that as the minimum displacement for the 200 class (actually, all of the adult classes except the women's classes where mini bikes are OK). http://www.gnccracing.com/pages/2012-gncc-classes

Pretty silly rule if you ask me. Maximum displacement yes. minimum ?

Pretty silly rule if you ask me. Maximum displacement yes. minimum :bonk:
Thats my thought. If I wanted to run a KX100 with people my age/skill I don't see how the minimum displacement matters ?

I'm pretty sure the intent of the rule is to keep guys off of minis in the big bike class (notice how the women classes don't have this rule?). I'm not saying that's right or wrong, fair or unfair, just playing the role of messenger. Not sure how a CRF150R falls into the conversation either. Rule should probably specify wheel/chassis size instead of displacement if that is the intent as I am interpreting it...