Sign in to follow this  

1975 yamaha gt80 won`t start

I have this 1975 yamaha gt80 i bought as a project to work on and i can`t get it to run. Its been sitting for 7 years in a basement i bought it off the orginal owner it has 2500 kms on it. Anyways i got the bike home the kickstarter sometimes doesn`t grab so i put a little gas in the cylinder and it ran for a few seconds then quit. So i figured i would clean the carb,petcock and flush the tank. The next day i toke it out tried starting it wouldn`t go its got gas and a fat blue spark i tried bump starting it nothing not even a sputter. I was tired out so i let my brother give it a shot he pushed it once and it fired up. I let it sit there and idle for a bit it was idling a bit high but i put it in gear rode it around my house once then it quit. Since then i haven`t been able to get it going ive went through the carb again let the jets soak in carb cleaner for a couple days ,made sure the jets were clear using a needle, blew them all out with compressed air. I also set the idle and air screw at 1.5 turns and the float height seemed level and moved freely. I set the points correctly at 0.14 thou the flywheel keys not damaged.Reeds are good no chips or breaks. I did compression test and its at 110 psi i left the guage on there for an hour and it didn`t loose any pressure at all. Can anyone help me out?

nevermind this thread i got the bike running i made a gasket for the float bowl when i cleaned the carb made it to big so the float was hanging up on it. Stick to the basics people!!!!