Sign in to follow this  

Fcr suspension issue

I am wondering if anyone knows if fcr suspensions oh. (main operations) is going out of business. I am getting worried. I purchased a modified works link from them back on Oct 17th they ended up sending me oem linkage. I called and they agreed it was the wrong product so I shipped it back. Called Bob and Barb they offered me suspension work or sub-tanks and I said thanks but I get my suspension done locally. They said they would credit 433.19 to my credit card on Dec 5th. That never happened Now every. time I call they just put me off. They have used all the excuses (need cc number, having trouble with processing company Square) now they won't answer my emails. If you have any ideas as to what I should or can do to resolve this issue I sure would appreciate it. Please help... and if you know Bob and they are on a shutdown let me know because I am starting to think the worst.

I just started a dispute, thanks. I don't get it, how do you just keep the money. Every company and individual in the motocross community that I've dealt with over the last thirty years has been honest. I guess there's always someone that doesn't do the right thing. By the way, if this was just a mistake I will reply. Any other help would be helpful.

Hopefully your CC company will refund your money instantly and then go after FCR for it. I've had similar things happend and my company stood by me. Other than that there's not much else you can do.

I talked to the Wisconsin Attorney General's office and the said to file the complaint online. Also called the Ohio Attorney General"s office and the sent me out forms. The Wisconsin office said if the purchase was over the phone there are laws that protect me and fines that can be given to a merchant doing business in our state. We'll see how that goes.

I posted this in the suspension forum but I think I could get more exposure here Fcr suspension issue

Remove all Advertisements

I am wondering if anyone knows if fcr suspensions oh. (main operations) is going out of business. I am getting worried. I purchased a modified works link from them back on Oct 17th they ended up sending me oem linkage. I called and they agreed it was the wrong product so I shipped it back. Called Bob and Barb they offered me suspension work or sub-tanks and I said thanks but I get my suspension done locally. They said they would credit 433.19 to my credit card on Dec 5th. That never happened Now every. time I call they just put me off. They have used all the excuses (need cc number, having trouble with processing company Square) now they won't answer my emails. If you have any ideas as to what I should or can do to resolve this issue I sure would appreciate it. Please help... and if you know Bob and they are on a shutdown let me know because I am starting to think the worst.

Sounds like you have used all reasonable avenues with the company, I would call the credit card company and dispute the charges.

Sounds like you have used all reasonable avenues with the company, I would call the credit card company and dispute the charges.

Do this, I believe you only have 60 days though with most cards so you might be out of luck going that route.

I did a do a dispute yesterday. It is just so frustrating and so uncommon in the motocross industry.

Does anyone know this guy, Bob

I have known him for several years and have been sponsored by him. Let me tell you my story. I was given 75% off for riders support, so I take my CRF250 suspension to him to have it re-valved. I told him to just ship it back since it was a long drive for me. He sends it back and $850.00+ later I have my suspension. I about shit when I saw how much the bill was even after 75% off.

The next year I was sponsored by him again and I told him that there was no way I was getting my suspension done after what he charged me last time so he told me he would do a full works suspension for $350.00 bucks. I had it done

but I have no idea if he changed a thing in my suspension. The following year I was sponsored again and got a quote and it was over 850.00 again, I never been back and I will never say anything good about that company. I have talked with others that have had bad experiences and I should of listen to them. I am now with MB1 and so far so good and pretty good pricing.

• Like 1

I have known him for several years and have been sponsored by him. Let me tell you my story. I was given 75% off for riders support, so I take my CRF250 suspension to him to have it re-valved. I told him to just ship it back since it was a long drive for me. He sends it back and $850.00+ later I have my suspension. I about shit when I saw how much the bill was even after 75% off.

The next year I was sponsored by him again and I told him that there was no way I was getting my suspension done after what he charged me last time so he told me he would do a full works suspension for $350.00 bucks. I had it done

but I have no idea if he changed a thing in my suspension. The following year I was sponsored again and got a quote and it was over 850.00 again, I never been back and I will never say anything good about that company. I have talked with others that have had bad experiences and I should of listen to them. I am now with MB1 and so far so good and pretty good pricing.

FCR is the exact reason I got into doing suspension work. They charged me that horrendous amount so I said screw it and dove in and taught myself. Then through the help of this board and some significant help from some other individuals, I now have a nice little side gig doing that line of work. It's not enough to make me sick of doing it but enough to stay on top of what's going on and make enough to supplement my son's racing.

• Like 1

Update.. after another email to Bob he responded saying he passed the credit along to someone in the office and doesn't know why it wasn't done and he would get to the bottom of it, he emailed me the next day saying he would mail me a check the next day and did not call me cuz my phone number was cut off on the invoice. I have 4 emails sent to him with it on them. No big deal I probably wouldn't want to talk to me either. Bottom line I almost posted it was being resolved, unfortunately the check never came and that was 8 days ago. For those who told me to dispute it, thanks. So far my cc company issued me a credit, I called and asked if it was the merchant that issued the credit and they said no.

Where to begin... I used this company in 2011, They offered a good deal at the time (military discount). I sent my stuff off when my riding season ended in mid december. I did not get my stuff back until march 2012. I did not think much of it at the time. Got the stuff on my bike and my bike was fantastic. I had nothing but good things to say about this company at that time.. the work they did was really good.  this was a 09 YZ250F

In nov 2012 I sent my head to them for port & polish new valves all that stuff. I did not receive it back until april 2013. 4 months for head work. Bob's Excuse was their email servers were changed and stuff was messed up. So it was just another shipping issue to me. nothing wrong with work quality.. wish i stopped doing business with them at that time. 

This is when the big problems started. I sent my suspension to them again for my 2014 YZ450F in feb 2014 . They were to respring, revalve, change internals out with their "works parts" They were gonna hook my stuff up again like my '09. The one thing i asked for specifically was Blue FCR stickers. 

I get an email back March 5 from bob asking my weight and cc info. I also asked him what they were doing to my stuff his reply "Everything man. I need your billing zip code. Works pistons. Spring seats. Pressure springs. Main springs. Sub valve mods. Shock piston. Shock base plate. Shock bleed jet. Etc etc."

I did not hear anything back from him about sending my stuff. so i asked about it 2 April. his reply. "Hey mark. Sorry man we've Been busy as &%$#@!. Ill check and see if they shipped it. I was waiting for those blue decals for ya. They may have came and they put them on and shipped. Ill find out when I go in buddy" I was also told them broke something internal on my forks and were waiting on new parts, and also they were busy at nationals.

So i finally received my stuff 10 May. About 3 months turn around time. first thing i saw when i opened the box was big ass YELLOW FCR stickers the one item i asked not to have and what they told me was holding up the shipping. The forks and shock still had dirt on them from when i shipped them and i am 99% positive the rear shock spring was not changed out. Still had the yamaha blue spring. The shock spring on my 09 said FCR on it.

when i rode my bike the suspension was softer than it was stock. My bike was bottoming out over little doubles and riding like shit. To this day i still do not know exactly what they did if anything. I ended up buying new fork and shock springs for my weight and had them put on by a local mechanic. needless to say the bike felt 10x better. When i questioned them on the work this was the response. Guy named Matt.

"Hey brother, I looked into this situation.  Bob was completely unaware this happened.  He is going to message you and take this over personaly.  We did have a recent shitbag working for us for a few months and he was terminated for lack of work ethic.  I’m not completely dismissing any of this on him but we want to fix the situation and make you more than happy with the service you paid for!  As I said before Bob will be messaging you if you don’t hear from him 24hrs please let me know.  He again wants to get you taken care of personally!

Thanks for your patience!"

The pic i added showed how far down my shock was when setting my sag after they "resprung" it for my weight. They ended up sending me a new shock spring but it was worse. Thats when i gave up with them and took my loss. Stopped asking them what their deal was. They asked if i wanted to be on their "military appreciation page" haha man i really hope they are out of business. 

My advice is do not speak to these guys again or give them business of any kind.. go find a real company with good reviews and solid reputation. I still never got an invoice for the work "they did"

Guy i ride with also got dicked around by these clowns on taking forever to ship and also had to change his springs out as well. He may chime in later.

10364359_10152422620061328_1988146724_n.jpg

Edited by Drenmaster