Sign in to follow this  

06's valves...

so i recently picked up an 06 crf250r for a fair price without knowing that they are known to eat valves.. so long story short, i need new valves after a few desert trips. It was recommended to me to have the steel valves put in for a desert bike. i was wondering if this is going to cause a decline in performance or how different the bike will feel if at all? has anyone done this before?

Never tried it before but i've done some reading up on it. From what i've heard the average rider wont notice the difference in revs between the titanium and SS and the SS are supposed to last longer as long as you get the valve seats cut correctly and have heavy duty springs for the added weight off the SS.

A few years ago I bought a new '07 head and kibblewhite valves/springs for my 2004 crf250. I don't know how much of a difference the head made, but I definitely have no complaints about the heavier valves.

so basically the only thing that changes is how high the bike will rev?

They supposedly slow down but no one can really tell

You won't be able to tell, and the bike will be basically bullet proof and long lasting afterwards.

You won't be able to tell, and the bike will be basically bullet proof and long lasting afterwards.

awesome, i really like the sound of that answer :smirk: