Sign in to follow this  

PAIR valve dimensions - got some spare time at work

Hey,

it's a pretty slow day at work today so I thought I'd make a pair valve blockoff and then have an excuse to get the wrenches out on the weekend :smirk:

Unfortunately I didn't ride in though, so I don't have any dimensions.

If anyone could help me out that'd be fantastic, I've uploaded a picture to make it easier for everyone. I wasn't sure what shape it was, so I've uploaded the two that I'm debating between.

2j4sk0o.png

Cheers for any help!

:bonk:

edit: oh and please don't forget the size of the holes! haha

cheers for the reply, apart from the holes needing to be moved inward a bit, do you know any other changes that need to be made to make it fit?

(he said that the diagram is what he made and it 'didn't fit')

I believe is something to do about the oem carb and the vacuum petcock , my bike(EU '05sm) never had a vacuum petcock so i don't know much about it..!

As for the holes i made them a bit oval .

Like Smias said , you can make the holes a bit oval for a better fit . I actually used the original pipe when I did mine , so no problem fitting it . I just cut off the pipe from the plate that bolts onto the head and then braised it to fill in the hole . I then used high temp sealer to fill in the port and bolted the plate on . Never had to do another thing to it in over 3 years . Metal , do you still have the mikuni on ? If you do I would try and disconnect the solenoide aswell , it interferes with the throttle opening in lower gears . It stops you from using full throttle by bleeding off air pressure in the carb . Just disconnecting the hose to it and blocking that hose off will disable it . Or you can do what I did and by an american carby top through the TT store , and then it will look std , greg :smirk:

Cheers for the replies guys, unfortunately the slow day turned fast! I'll hopefully make it next week. Or maybe I'll use the pipe and tap/braise it.

I still have the Mikuni unfortunately, and I haven't disconnected the solenoid. I've heard if you do that you have to change the main air jet or it'll run lean??

Does it make a noticeable difference?

If I just blank off the rubber line to the solenoid will it disable it?