Sign in to follow this  

rm125 HELP PLEASE

I have this rm 125 that runs good, no huge problems with it at all.... starts easy, but when it gets up reved really high it dies. It doesnt really bog out, almost like someone pressed the kill switch. I think its electrical but I have no idea how to check.

What should I do?

start by checking for any arcking out near the coil spark plug cap and the wiring , Have you washed it recently. Try a new spark plug or ht cap. Or you might have a duff statore, check your float bole when it dies out , i would shut off the fuel at the tank as soon as it dies so that you can elimanate fule problems but while you have the bole off check your jetting is ok at the same time (blocked jets, and corect size)

I have listed posible things it could be, but i would start with the basics like trying a new spark plug , checking the wiring for any shorting and damp in the kill switch . Has it just started with the problem ?

I got the bike not too long ago and i dont know much of its history

It dies when slammed wide open and goes back running when you back off the throttle? If so, then you got some small trash in the main jet.

If dies completely and wont restart until it cools down you got electrical problems. Stator or CDI.

Very well could be a bad plug cap. The cap is a common problem.