Sign in to follow this  

what would you pay for this bike??

i have a 06 cr125 im trying to sell with under 40hrs on the bike. bike is all original besides tires, chain/sprockets, and a asv clutch lever. other then that stuff everything on this bike is what came on it from the dealer brand new.

DSC_0689.jpg

now the thing is i have only gotten one offer on this bike and it was only 1300. now is that too low for this bike or is that what im going to have to take? im maybe thinking about parting it out because i think i might be able to get more out of it that way.

would like some advice on this and just like to see what people would pay for this bike.

thanks

nick

if you're not in a rush to sell i'm sure you could get more than $1300 for that bike. craigslist people aren't the brightest bunch and think everything should be free..

In the southeast you could probably get $1700 if your patient.

see if you can find a cheap pipe on ebay and a cheap graphics kit, my friends always put new graphics on there beat bikes and i mean beat like spokes missing and just beat to hell and some how still sell it for more than they payed, he sold his 03 kx125 for 1300 and payed 1200 for it, and sold it for 1300 BEAT, so they tell me its the graphics and yes does make the bike look alot nicer, and you get more for it

This is the best time of year to buy a bike. Why? Because it's winter. If you could wait, then wait till at least mid spring and you should get more. Personally, I think I woulg give you about 1900 to 2200. I am thinking about selling an 02 yz250f but will loose on it for certain. The last thing I want to do is but graphics, plastics etc. That could cost you about 100 to 200 bucks more. My 2 cents.

Could also depend on the part of the country you are in. Around here, 125s don't bring much. An '06 250 in the same condition as your 125 would bring a good bit more $.

You would probably get around $2500 here. To bad you live in maryland or I may have bought it from you. Im looking for a 2005 and up cr125 and all the ones I see are $2000 and up. Some people are asking up to 3k for an 06 and 2k for 03s.

see if you can find a cheap pipe on ebay and a cheap graphics kit, my friends always put new graphics on there beat bikes and i mean beat like spokes missing and just beat to hell and some how still sell it for more than they payed, he sold his 03 kx125 for 1300 and payed 1200 for it, and sold it for 1300 BEAT, so they tell me its the graphics and yes does make the bike look alot nicer, and you get more for it

Thanks for all the info guys, but I don't really want to add and graphics. If I add that stuff I'll be looking at close to 150 to 200 bucks. I might just sell it for 1300 because in all I did get a good price on it from my riding buddy.

If I get a good deal on a bike, I usually try to sell it for a good deal. I tend to think of it as paying it forward. Why not check some local tracks to see about bulliten boards, etc to advertise it. You might make some kids day... :smirk:

Nick...I would put it up f/s for $1300 if you can. IF someone offers you $1100, take it. The money supply for toys right now is very tight. No one's buying anything that they don't need.....especially expensive toys like a 125cc dirt bike made for young riders.