Sign in to follow this  

Valve guide replacement

I am installing new valves and valve seals on an 07 ttr 125. I can tell it's never been done before. Is it recommended to change the valve guides as well?

....I did a new top end and the rings were smoked on it. It blows a shit done of oil before and even after the new top end. The kid before me hammered on this bike really bad. I have to jump start the bike to get it running.

I am installing new valves and valve seals on an 07 ttr 125. I can tell it's never been done before. Is it recommended to change the valve guides as well?

....I did a new top end and the rings were smoked on it. It blows a shit done of oil before and even after the new top end. The kid before me hammered on this bike really bad. I have to jump start the bike to get it running.

You should replace all replaceable parts in the head, and have the head 5 angle seat ground for proper seal. You need to mic the cylinder to see if it is still withing stock specs, or if it needs a one or two over piston. You need to replace the piston, wristpin, rings, and properly test and grind the rings to fit the cylider/piston combination you are installing.