Sign in to follow this  

Headlight guard...

Haven't thought much about the headlight guard, but I've had my eye on their engine guards for quite some time. Just can't bring myself to drop $250 on them, though.

Haven't thought much about the headlight guard, but I've had my eye on their engine guards for quite some time. Just can't bring myself to drop $250 on them, though.

Yea I saw those also... It does include the skid plate... but does seem a little pricey...

A plastic shield should do a better job, be lighter and not reduce the effectiveness of the headlight.

A plastic shield should do a better job, be lighter and not reduce the effectiveness of the headlight.

Wouldn't look nearly as cool though... :smirk:

A piece of cut lexan with velcro tabs would work really well without much bulk and weight.

Since I rarely ride at night I just use a $60 aftermaket headlight, its almost as much for the guard as a new headlight for me. I have dumped my bike many times and the headlight is one fo the few things I have never broken. Not worth the cost for me, but to each their own.

the weld in the pic looks like a bird pooped it on there, or an 8yr old did it. ugly weld!