Ghetto hot start engineering..

Ok, so I'm a little embarrassed to even be asking this...My ol' man is coming down to visit this weekend to go riding with me but my hot start plunger is busted where the cable connects. My parts order won't be here on time. I'm wondering if there is a safe way to ghetto rig it? (I know safe and rigging don't belong in the same sentence) I was thinking maybe if I push the plunger all the way in and use some fuel resistant gasket sealer to seal it in that might work? (the non-hardening kind) I'm prepared for the hot starting whoa's. Am I the first to attempt a hot start bypass? lol Any ideas would be great....

go for it haha

I know its probably a ridiculous idea but I had to take a stab at it. I haven't seen the ol' man in 2 years now and he's coming down for an enduro. Its really bad timing for the bike to let go.

Place a spring on top of the plunger and screw the cable nut back on top. Cover the hole where the cable goes with some tape 'till you get it fixed.

Did I mention the cap nuts busted too?? Thats kinda way I thought maybe gasket sealer would keep it in place and keep any air out.

Hmmm..... find a piece of wooden dowel at the hardware store and make a wood plug to put on the hole. Put some taper on it and a slot on the top for a screwdriver and twist 'er in place.

Don't use any gasket sealer. It'll be a pain to get out of the threads later. Make sure you have something to keep the plunger at the bottom of the hole.

Grimjim...your idea worked like a charm..no issues what so ever..Stayed in there tight. I did put a small bead of non hardening gasket maker around the edge after it was in. Great idea! Thanks for the bail out dude!

I can rig-'em when I need to. I really hate pushing stuff back to the truck.