Sign in to follow this  

how hard?

how hard is it to take out the little lens on the clutch side cover for the oil level check

I checked the price and it is 10.45 for the window and 74.75 for the entire cover. and in the fiche it shows the window as a separate piece. I guess I will take it apart and look into myself. just wondered if anyone knew

cheaper to get a new cover.

Not sure about that I bought a new cover for my old 01 KX and it didn't have the glass in it and I had to take the glass out of the old one and put it in the new one. It was easy to push out of the old one and push in the new one. Use a sealant on the rubber.

Ed

It comes out rather easy, it's only a press in fit with an o-ring. little bit of sealant is a good idea too...

why would you want to?

because he wants to ride and change his oil at the same time-he's a multitasker.

wow

Find a dime, nickel or whatever coin you can find that fits, and JB weld it in there.

that way later on, the JB Weld can come off and destroy everything, then you'll have a brand new everything, so I guess this is good advice.

Are you afraid of lightning striking too? Carry a rod around just in case? :smirk:

To OP, been doing that, and seen it done for decades. Some people believe it or not don't like those sight holes, they are a weak point.

Are you afraid of lightning striking too? Carry a rod around just in case? :smirk:

To OP, been doing that, and seen it done for decades. Some people believe it or not don't like those sight holes, they are a weak point.

No, I was thinking about telling him how to fix it right and how to fix it wrong. It's kinda "black and white".

And sell it a week later. Slackinhard you seem like the typical craigslist seller, no offense.