Sign in to follow this  

How long have you had your X?

I was just thinking that this will be the 5th year I've owned my X.

I got my 05 in 07.

I've got a pile of miles and races on it. Still running the factory piston. I'm on my second set of rings. I upgraded to an '06 head 2 years ago after the valves closed. I replaced the battery 2 years ago. The first year I had to replace the back rim. :smirk:

Its still to heavy. :bonk:

Anyone else in the long time owners club?

I bought my 06 in Dec 07, Jan 09 had the head work and SS valves inst and a piston and rings, chain and sprockets (1500 mi and 120 hrs approx). Other than that it has only had oil changes, air filters and the linkage bearings replaced.

Bike currently has 155 hrs...I have 2 bikes now so it does not get ridden much.

Edited by jakeblues

I bought my bike brand new in March 2004. I replaced the tires, fork seals, piston, rings, valves and batttery. With basic maintenance, the bike still runs great.

Got my 09' in December of 2010. 725 race miles and 25 hours. I change the tranny and engine oil after every race. So far so good :smirk:

I bought my 2005 in August of 2005. My head is out being refirbed and I am having the spokes replaced (all of them) on the rear wheel. The piston is original. The exhaust valves were replaced 3 years ago. The intake valves never zeroed out. They are original. My exhauste valves (both) zeroed out this time. Scratching my head as to why. Still, I love the bike.

My bike has been a real joy and a great bike to learn from.But its time to move on and up for me,so its being sold.My real love has always been quads so a trx450r will slot in the gap nicely:smirk:

Bought mine in 04', don't remember which month. Still my favorite bike of all time to ride. All R stuff added, SS Valves 06R head, etc. Reliability: no comment.

My bike has been a real joy and a great bike to learn from.But its time to move on and up for me,so its being sold.My real love has always been quads so a trx450r will slot in the gap nicely:smirk:

You know what they say, the hardest part about being a 4wheeler rider is telling your parents your gay:smirk:

I can't believe you are saying these curse words, say it so sir Speedy:bonk:

We own 2 06 Xs.

Bought mine in Oct 2007. Just put on some new rear rubber along with geared it down to 13/51 so new chain too. I've had no valve issues and am at about 200 hours. A new friend just revalved the fork and we upped the springs in the front and rear and changed all the fork oil at the same time. Last summer my rear spokes were almost all seized and the wheel was loose, so I spent alot of time freeing them up and had to replace 3 that I couldn't get loose. Front wheel maintenance is next.

Bought my son's in Oct 2008. It has had a valve job but has less miles. I think the difference is twofold. He runs it at higher RPM than me and I don't think the original owner changed the oil as regularly. His rear wheel was fine when I went through it. His fork started leaking about 2 years ago so had it serviced and revalved.

The stock lights are pretty useless at night, so we put some brighter bulbs in and added a high/low/off switch. It is functional now, but not race worthy in that regard.

Overall, good bikes I think!

Edited by dmac1

You know what they say, the hardest part about being a 4wheeler rider is telling your parents your gay:smirk:

I can't believe you are saying these curse words, say it so sir Speedy:bonk:

No hardest part is not getting run over by your quad when you come off:pJust fancey a change tbh fella.Prob be couple of months before i can buy a propper race quad anyhaw.Plus my knee is still f.cked since the last crash months ago.Got to go hospital next friday:bonk:

We own 2 06 Xs.

Bought mine in Oct 2007. Just put on some new rear rubber along with geared it down to 13/51 so new chain too. I've had no valve issues and am at about 200 hours. A new friend just revalved the fork and we upped the springs in the front and rear and changed all the fork oil at the same time. Last summer my rear spokes were almost all seized and the wheel was loose, so I spent alot of time freeing them up and had to replace 3 that I couldn't get loose. Front wheel maintenance is next.

Bought my son's in Oct 2008. It has had a valve job but has less miles. I think the difference is twofold. He runs it at higher RPM than me and I don't think the original owner changed the oil as regularly. His rear wheel was fine when I went through it. His fork started leaking about 2 years ago so had it serviced and revalved.

The stock lights are pretty useless at night, so we put some brighter bulbs in and added a high/low/off switch. It is functional now, but not race worthy in that regard.

Overall, good bikes I think!

Yeah, the stock headlight is only good enough to convince you to night-ride...once anyway!

No hardest part is not getting run over by your quad when you come off:pJust fancey a change tbh fella.Prob be couple of months before i can buy a propper race quad anyhaw.Plus my knee is still f.cked since the last crash months ago.Got to go hospital next friday:bonk:

Damit boi, that sucks! So check this out, they sent the wrong damn fenders again!!! They sent me an 02 all white rear cr250 fender this time:smirk:. My side panels still aren't here, my 13t, not here, and the 2 51's I ordered from the guy on here isn't here either!!! So I put my bike back together and rode like hell with the boys. The bike still has this little bog I think, I don't think its the tall gearing. Its like i have to rev it up to keep it in the power. When I gas it real fast if I'm not up in the rpms, it will bog and I'll miss my wheelies over stuff. The bike rips in 2, 3 and 4th, but begins to fade in 5th and that part I feel is from the gearing. But down low when you blip it real fast, it has that hesitation.... 800'-1300' 40-60 degress, 45p, 152m, air/fuel is 2.25 now. Do I need to adjust the clip, leak, go to a 42p?? I'm about to break down and buy a JD, but I just don't think I need it bc I'm almost there, the bike rips once I'm over 1/8 maybe 1/4 throttle.. What do I do!!?:smirk:

Thats bloody crap fella,get on the phone and suck it to the f.ckers that aint sent you stuff out yet:bonk:The x cam signs of early anyhaw so there crap up the top rpms,dont forget its not a full on mx bike.Thats why i went to a stg 2 hotcam and advanced the timeing to help out mid to top.I ride high in the rpms so not chugging around,and have found no mid to top bog.Sounds to me and im NO jet king go up on the main jet.Mines 42/160,but i run a full fmf system.

The power rips wide open though. Thats where this bike seems to make power and has no bog or hesitation. Its just down low when your about to get on it, like rolling the throttle outta turns or a blip to hop a log..

Goon, what size is your leak? I would back off the fuel screw to 1 3/4 and try again.

Leak should be stock, and I'll try the 1-3/4 turns..:smirk:

Damit boi, that sucks! So check this out, they sent the wrong damn fenders again!!! They sent me an 02 all white rear cr250 fender this time:smirk:. My side panels still aren't here, my 13t, not here, and the 2 51's I ordered from the guy on here isn't here either!!! So I put my bike back together and rode like hell with the boys. The bike still has this little bog I think, I don't think its the tall gearing. Its like i have to rev it up to keep it in the power. When I gas it real fast if I'm not up in the rpms, it will bog and I'll miss my wheelies over stuff. The bike rips in 2, 3 and 4th, but begins to fade in 5th and that part I feel is from the gearing. But down low when you blip it real fast, it has that hesitation.... 800'-1300' 40-60 degress, 45p, 152m, air/fuel is 2.25 now. Do I need to adjust the clip, leak, go to a 42p?? I'm about to break down and buy a JD, but I just don't think I need it bc I'm almost there, the bike rips once I'm over 1/8 maybe 1/4 throttle.. What do I do!!?:smirk:

Did you do the AP mod, the o-ring is easy, but now they have a replacement spring, so you never have to worry about the o-ring snapping.

I know a lot of people say they are a waste of money, but I used the JD kit and have had no problems with the bog since. Cut airbox and drilled baffle.

The 07 already had the AP mod done to it from my understanding.... Isn't this true? It said in on RR's site that the 07-09 came with the AP mod stock to eliminate hesi and bog.. If it didn't, than I'm sure thats the missing link!:smirk:

The 07 already had the AP mod done to it from my understanding.... Isn't this true? It said in on RR's site that the 07-09 came with the AP mod stock to eliminate hesi and bog.. If it didn't, than I'm sure thats the missing link!:smirk:

I thought the AP update was in 08, but yes RR states it happened in 07.