Sign in to follow this  

Are the RC valves removable from the exhaust port?

Well like it says i have tried removing my valves from the exhaust port as it looks in the diagrams in my manual. They DID NOT want to fit out and i ended up putting them back into place and putting it back together before doing damage. My question is do the valves have to come out from removing the cylinder head etc, or is there some special way to remove them from twisting/wiggling them out. Mine are filthy and carbonized and am looking to clean them?

No theyre a PITA, especially if theyre gummed up. They only fit one way. I recently did mine with the cylinder off on the workbench and after some wiggling they came out.:smirk:

Well i finally got the rc valves out from the front. I had to use a hook shaped pick and insert it into the linkage ports and flip the flaps upside down and they fell right out. :smirk:

The cleaning was another story, it took about a hr per flap just to decarbonize them and wire brush em. (Note to self: keep up with RC Valve Maintenance!)

i had my cylinder off AND it took be about an hour just to get them out of the cylinder.. literally seemed as though they were too big for the port.. but they had about 1/4 and inch of carbon build up on them

Likewise, but when they are flopped upside down they seem to fall right out. I just pushed them back into the bore a little enough to flip em and slid emright out. When putting em back in slid em in upside down flopped em back over and pushed them up into place