Sign in to follow this  

Brake light stopped working

My LED brake light has stopped working, so I tried replacing the unit with a spare one that I had. But, it still does not work.

The light works, but the brake light does not.

Is there a fuse for the brake light, and if there is, where?

Thanks. :smirk:

Edited by Stu28
Extra info.

check the actuator on your rear brake pedal, and front brake lever.. make sure they are getting pushed in when the brakes aren't on

Checked them and they are working fine. :smirk:

.....but the brake light still doesn't work :bonk:

Broken wire somewhere, If I loose one indicator on mine as I have in the past, Crashed and broken it off, the other three go down as well.

+1 on the broken wire, no juice, no light. There are two brakes that should light the brake light. If it's not the bulb then it's probably the wiring. Whats the chance of both ways to light it going bad at the same time?

Edited by JEB1962

the circuit is very simple, it starts behind the headlight where it receives power from the orange circuit. The front brake switch gets fed and then from there it heads backward on the bike with the main loom. The rear brake switch feeds to this wire as it goes down the bike, and from there it goes to the back of the bike. If the tail light is working then you know the ground to the light is ok.

There is only 1 fuse on the bike. It powers everything so if you have power the fuse is ok. The only exception to this is if the fuse blows while the bike is running, in which case it could theoretically run until shut off as the charge system could keep it going.

Turned out it was a problem with the wiring.

Thanks for the replies