Sign in to follow this  

stuck between 2 old yamahas

I am in a pickle. I have the opportunity to get either a 72 DT1FMX 250 or a 73 MX360. I love these old silver tank yamahas. I have a 74 YZ125, but im not very familiar with either the 72 or 73. anything horrible with either? anything really special or significant for either. i cant find a whole lot of info on either one of them, almost everything i find is more towards the enduro versions. the other deciding factor, maybe, is i have a partial rolling chassis of a 73 SC500. Are both or either of these bikes interchangeable with the SC500? i can only afford to get one...well at least right now. anyone race either one? im thinking either one would make a fun desert toy, of course the 360 would be that much more fun. is there anything out there that the vintage gurus can send my way to help me choose one way or another?

oh yeah, both are in about equal shape, ready to ride.

checkout yamahaenduo.com

great group of guys over there and they can answer any question you have.

I'm thinking the 360 is harder to get parts for.?? Like crank and pistons. When I think of buying another old bike i do a search on Flea-bay first to see what parts are still around.

the Sc500 and mx360 are virtually the same bike except for engine and pipe.Frame,suspension,seat,tank etc all interchangeable.

I would take both. The DT1F is rare, so you put that away. Use the other to play with.