Sign in to follow this  

Supercross JGR and JS7 Anyone else notice....

Just doing some reviews before kick off and I noticed something odd in this thread or more so in the video:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1035038

James bike as works Showa suspension. JGR always pimped the companys ability to build suspension as good anyone can and had all those videos out there showing all the high tech equip they have.

Not sure what he ran last year, but maybe it will help him on the track this year and not take someone else out.

I think it will come out full on like he always does so it should be an amazing season if no one gets hurt.

JGR can do what ever they want to. They have R&D capabilities close to the factories and fabrication abilities as good as anyone. Here's JS's gas tank for his YZ4450.

s780_010512pressday014.jpg?1325818688

s780_010512pressday017.jpg?1325818712

Makes for a nice narrow profile.

They talked about the switch to Showa and gave reasons, James apparently reallys likes the showa stuff

JGR can do what ever they want to. They have R&D capabilities close to the factories and fabrication abilities as good as anyone. Here's JS's gas tank for his YZ4450.

s780_010512pressday014.jpg?1325818688

s780_010512pressday017.jpg?1325818712

Makes for a nice narrow profile.

My guess is as good or better than the factories. Its claimed to be right around 20mil and up to sponsor a top team in nascar and they have 3. Thats a program that brings in 60mil a yr to spend on fab and engineers just for nascar. I dont think any factory teams put that much effort into the racing end of bikes. Not saying they put that much into bikes but i dont see why the car engineers and fab ppl wouldnt help out if needed

That tank is awesome and I am not trying to take anything away from JGR but any good fabricator with a CNC could make that tank. Any team could have that made within a week. Its not that overly exotic.Maybe we'll see some copies of that on other bikes this year. Don't the majority of factory bikes use Carbon Fiber tanks anyway?

But I recall seeing millsaps with showas up front too. Perhaps JGR has some deal with showa?

That tank is awesome and I am not trying to take anything away from JGR but any good fabricator with a CNC could make that tank.

To tell ya' the truth...a mediocre fabricator with a CNC could make that tank.

JGR's suspension guy, Jonny Oler, Prefers Showa over KYB, and they make their own shocks with a company called JRI. Pretty trick.

That tank is awesome and I am not trying to take anything away from JGR but any good fabricator with a CNC could make that tank. Any team could have that made within a week.

exactly :smirk:

agree ugly. The shrouds on the stock yamaha are ugly. These are worse. Yamaha went the Euro Strange rout with the look. I like the open frame idea in back though. In the end its only cosmetic but...

Just doing some reviews before kick off and I noticed something odd in this thread or more so in the video:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1035038

James bike as works Showa suspension. JGR always pimped the companys ability to build suspension as good anyone can and had all those videos out there showing all the high tech equip they have.

Not sure what he ran last year, but maybe it will help him on the track this year and not take someone else out.

I think it will come out full on like he always does so it should be an amazing season if no one gets hurt.

JGR ran Showa forks last year. Actually I thought they had always ran Showa forks with a custom shock. James ran KYB last year.

What I was trying to get across with the fuel tank fab was they are unrestricted by having to use outside help or factory restraints on making the bike work for the riders. I'm not a NASCAR fan but a top level team has amazing resources and abilities. Those guys make their own suspension. They are equivalent to the factory teams in that respect w/o corporate interference from businessmen who're clueless on how to win championships.

I´m not by any means say this new JGR bike is the most impressive works bike I ever seen.

But I must say that this is the most factory looking bike I´ve seen in US since 1985 !

That AMA production bike rule seems to fade away more and more...:smirk:

And with stickers

Aia148SCMAA-kF6.jpg:large

I thought the styling of the new Yamahas would grow on me but hey still make me throw up in mouth a little whenever I see one.

But I must say that this is the most factory looking bike I´ve seen in US since 1985 !

I think the Dungey KTM has more of the "works" look than the JGR bikes but I'm not trying to take anything away from their "in house built' Yamaha's by no means. I hope the AMA keeps turning a blind eye to these type of team bikes because they are most definitely great looking machines and it's not like any of the privateers are that close in the running where it's really going to make a difference anyway.

To rigidly enforce the "no works bike" rule would endanger riders. Anyone here wanna attempt an SX track on a stocker at the speeds those guys generate?

What I was trying to get across with the fuel tank fab was they are unrestricted by having to use outside help or factory restraints on making the bike work for the riders. I'm not a NASCAR fan but a top level team has amazing resources and abilities. Those guys make their own suspension. They are equivalent to the factory teams in that respect w/o corporate interference from businessmen who're clueless on how to win championships.

Agreed...

To tell ya' the truth...a mediocre fabricator with a CNC could make that tank.

A CNC? This is sheet metal. A decent fabricator would be able to make that tank with a set of tin snips, a collection of mallets, a shot bag, and a TIG welder.

JGR uses Showa forks and a shock they custom build.

The open frame look in the rear and custom shock probably are related to heat. I suspect heat build up in the shock on the big YZ is a problem for the pros. For us mortals, probably not a big deal. My forearms pump up until I can't feel my hands before my motor even gets to temp, and I race an old school air cooled thumper :smirk:

I get the impression James isn't the best at setting up a bike, so I am not sure he knows what he likes. He does know he didn't like last year's L&M bike.