Sign in to follow this  

Failed Experiment

Some transfer trail from the Canadian Enduro Championships done a different way. Trying to teach myself something about editing software etc... the vid is ultimatly a failure, but I did learn alot...

There was no way to watch that...I just couldn't take it. Try again :smirk:

Not tryin to be mean, just providing positive feedback...if ya know what I mean.

There was no way to watch that...I just couldn't take it. Try again :smirk:

Not tryin to be mean, just providing positive feedback...if ya know what I mean.

Oh ya, I get ya! Had a "grand vision" that my megre artistic and technical expertise couldn't deliver... Ah well, I learned alot trying!

Ya, Unfourtunatly the learning curve went beyond me... This was supposed to be a "stock" that I would take pieces out of to put in another video... Sort of a floating cube within a vid.. Ultimatly I couldn't get what I wanted out of it due to limitations of my computer and my knowledge of editing. The general idea was to express the loneliness AND the complexity that transfer trails can be, gave up when I realized I could spend 1000's of hrs and still not get it right.

That would be a great intro, but it is hard to watch. When I want to watch a vid I want to feel like it's me on the bike, like when someone has their helmet cam aimed too low i always am trying to look up to see where the trail is to see what's coming. I have no idea how to do stuff like that but I do know what I like to watch, keep it up, it is cool though.

@262 2stroke... Understood, however this was not about the trail, the original idea was the "mind f" you get about 3 hrs into a hard race, the combination of loneliness, fatigue, dehydration and intense concentration screw my mind up fierce. Ultimatly it fails because you have to have too many beverages to "get it" (or other mind warping substances).

Screen saver it is!

That reminded me of the last time I saw the Dead play at JFK Stadium in Philadelphia. I think it was 1987. or '88. Very trippy.

Davinci was under appreciated in his lifetime as well. Keep the ear.

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel

Drop the music, drop the box effect, use cuts and fades and edit so the movie flows (not keeping one continuous shot for the whole video) :smirk:

Drop the music, drop the box effect, use cuts and fades and edit so the movie flows (not keeping one continuous shot for the whole video) :bonk:

You can't be serious????

Thank you MrBigWheel for seeing where I was trying to go... Id call it an "icarius" moment over a "Divinci" moment!!! :smirk:

You can't be serious????

Thank you MrBigWheel for seeing where I was trying to go... Id call it an "icarius" moment over a "Divinci" moment!!! :smirk:

whoops didn't see the part where you mentioned it being done in a different way, thought you were asking for advice! :bonk: