Sign in to follow this  

First race sunday at Budds Creek

Hi well my first motocross race ever is sunday and im scared to be honest haha.I was just wondering if anyone could give me any last minute tips for my first race? thanks alot

i appreciate it :smirk:

Throttles on the right :smirk: lol really just remember to breath and do what you know how. Its your first race you dont have to win. I remember my first race i just about passed out cause i forgot to breath! Good luck man report back with result!

Please do. I'm near there and want to get there this summer. I've never done any mx riding. How is Budds for a rookie track rider.

Once you get the hang of starting, you can start anywhere but for my first race I picked an outside gate. Let the fastest riders go then funnel in with the rest. You don't need to be in first turn pileup your first race :smirk:

Stay your lines, breath, relax, have fun. We'll await the report on Monday.

Throttles on the right :smirk: lol really just remember to breath and do what you know how. Its your first race you dont have to win. I remember my first race i just about passed out cause i forgot to breath! Good luck man report back with result!

nice youtube channel! your gopro vids are better than the majority.

Positive thing to focus on for ya, you do not have to win, or even beat anyone! No one will laugh or make fun. YOU, just by entering the race are already doing WAY more than most will!! WAY better to be trying and having fun versus sitting on sidelines wishing you had the balls to do it!

Congrats on joining us! You will love it! Good luck.

Positive thing to focus on for ya, you do not have to win, or even beat anyone! No one will laugh or make fun. YOU, just by entering the race are already doing WAY more than most will!! WAY better to be trying and having fun versus sitting on sidelines wishing you had the balls to do it!

Congrats on joining us! You will love it! Good luck.

^^^^^^:lol::smirk::lol::bonk: ^^^^^^

fishkiller has a point. I applaud you for actually getting out there and doing it. Since I blew my left knee out, while practicing for a race, I am very hesitant to go back to the track.

I would just breath and ride your own race. But IMO, that track definetly looks intimidating, and very difficult. Have a fun time doing it. And good luck. You will do just fine!

Try to relax and enjoy it. No one expects you to win.

I raced my first ever at 46 years old. Just returning to the pits with a smile was as good as a podium finish in my eyes!!

Fishkiller!!!! DJ what's going on friend? I am moving to VA in about a month and will be racing at budds creek. Will you ever be around this way?