Sign in to follow this  

2006 yz250 too much oil from the pipe

hi i have a 2006 yz250 with boysen reeds and i have already went down on the main and the pilot jet twice and am running castor 2 stroke oil the blue bottle. no matter what i do what ratio and what brand premix i use it still drips all over my swingarm, i am using 40/1 any help is appreciated.

its possible you may have blown a crankseal, next time you have the top end apart, or you may be able to pull the stator cover and check for play in your crank, play in the crank usaully wrecks the seals and allows your engine oil to enter the combustion chamber

well its not that much it runs down the lenght of the silencer it runs great carb is tunned right i just cant figure it out. maybe its the silencer?

Changing the main won't help that problem much. You might have to go still further down on the pilot or leaner on the needle. Also, some bikes will spooge badly unless ridden really hard.

What pilot are you at now? Is it the stock needle? Clip?

What shape is the top end and reeds in?

Are you poking along or charging hard?

What do you mean its running well? Does it idle for 10 minutes straight? If your spooging u have to be rich. Either too much oil or too much fuel, likely too much fuel if ur running 40/1. If it doesnt idlemfor 10 minutes, go smaller on the pilot.

My opinion, castor oil sucks and causes excess spooge for many people.

What fuel are you running? Pump gas can be pretty spoogy at times.

Air filter is not over-oiled, right?

Also, the spooge is not something that you can turn off instantly with leaner jetting. Your powervalve,pipe, and muffler packing are probably all full of spooge so it will take a while to get it all out of there if you don't riip it apart and clean it all.

well i ride mainly desert im either on the throttle hard or going through a rock garden in first gear, i am running chevron 91 will try some high octain. the reeds are brand new boysen reed cage, the top end on the other hand is the origonal 2006 top end i bought it from the origonal owner and he only had 20-30 hrs on it.

i think so too but it runs great has plenty of power i was walking all over my friends yz450f new years weekend in jawbone canyone. i plan on doing a eric gorr 300 kit. im going to go down one on the pilot jet and play with the needle if it fixes it i will report if not new top end was needed anyway

well i ride mainly desert im either on the throttle hard or going through a rock garden in first gear, i am running chevron 91 will try some high octain. the reeds are brand new boysen reed cage, the top end on the other hand is the origonal 2006 top end i bought it from the origonal owner and he only had 20-30 hrs on it.

Are those the boysen power reeds? i heard those can richen the yz's up quite a bit

get rid of that premix and use yamalube 2R. Mix at 40:1 (16 oz to 5 gallons of 91)

Also, what altitude are you at and what main jet and pilot sizes are you at right now?

i have boyesen power reeds on my yz125 and i mix at 32:1 and was having spooge all over also. I only raised the needle to the 2nd from top and no more spooge.

I run Yammalube 2r at 32/1 and it can run with no spooge at all. But if its jetted too rich its spooges all over. I wouldn't just start changing jets unless you know what your doing. Wheres your air screw set and hows the low speed performance? That will tell you if you need to make a pilot change.

What have you changed so far? Start with checking and setting the float height.