Sign in to follow this  

XR400r Jetting

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as to what main/pilot jets and clip position I should try for the following:

02 XR400r, FMF Powercore 4 Exhaust, Unifilter, snorkel removed, @ Sea Level (literally on the west coast)

Any advice or number will help, I'm completely new to carbs, and this will be my FIRST ever rejet and I don't want to mess it up.

Thank you in advance.

-Ray

Edited by raydogg30
Edit

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as to what main/pilot jets and clip position I should try for the following:

02 XR400r, FMF Powercore 4 Exhaust, Unifilter, snorkel removed, @ Sea Level (literally on the west coast)

Any advice or number will help, I'm completely new to carbs, and this will be my FIRST ever rejet and I don't want to mess it up.

Thank you in advance.

-Ray

58 pilot, pilot screw at 1 1/2, 155 main, clip positon one richer (lower) than stock (#4).

That will get you started anyway.

JayC

^^^ +1

You may want to get a size or 2 richer also but that will be darn close. I had 55pilot and 155main on mine with a uni filter, no snorkel and a mildly opened up stock exhaust at just over sea level (500ft I think around here).

Thank you both for the info. I just have one final question before I order a jet kit.

I have googled for which (36mm or 38mm) Keihin Carb I have on my 02 XR400r (its the stock carb)

I was wondering what carb to search for as far as jets go?

I don't want to order the wrong jets and have them not be compatible.

If thats even possible :smirk:

Nevermind on the jets, I found out it's a "PD" Keihin. I ordered a 155 main jet, and for pilot jets I ordered a 55 and a 58.

I appreciate the replies, I'll keep you updated as to whether or not she runs like a champ after this rejet. Thanks again!

-Ray

Well I just finished jetting the bike and adjusting the clip. It was more of a pain than I thought it would have been, but with a trip to google and my GF reading as I removed the needle, it worked out fine. I went with a 155 main/55 pilot and adjusted the clip to position #4. I took the bike out on a ride and I can't believe it's the same bike! Wow, what a responsive XR. Thank you for all your suggestions. They helped a great deal.