Sign in to follow this  

EFI questions

Just got a couple of questions about the 2011+ kx250f efi system.

If the bike gets dropped or winds up upside down on a bank how are they hard to start like a carb 4t?

how do they do when crossing deep water?

can/does remapping put the power exactly where I want it?

well one problem i have had is there is some kind of sensor were if the bike thinks it stalled it runs like crap.Until you turn it off. but seems to start fine when falls over.Usually keeps running

Dont know about water

remapping can put the power wherever you want it

well one problem i have had is there is some kind of sensor were if the bike thinks it stalled it runs like crap.Until you turn it off. but seems to start fine when falls over.Usually keeps running

Dont know about water

remapping can put the power wherever you want it

does it start easier in genaral?

I dont know seems about the same. Never had a problem with my 07' as long as i used the hot start...

I've never really had a problem either with the 07 or 09 I've had. However I only race in the woods and every now and then It can be a problem. For example I did an endurocross race and stalled in one of the heats and it took ages to start, sort of a once off. Another race I did was an extreme enduro, the course was wet and cut up badly as expected. Some of the sections on the last lap required the bike to be dragged, pushed, and flipped out and over stuff to carry on. Quite a few times it took a lot of kicking over to start the bike up which is not ideal after you've just exerted so much energy. This is normaly for a 4t, but wondered if a efi 4t was any different?

I also had to cut through a deep river to get round a bit, and thought at the time how a EFI bike would handle that.

I also know nothing about mapping these bikes and wondered if I can alter the spread of power as my next race will probably be fast and dry. how does it work with the 11 and 12?