Sign in to follow this  

Rear master cylinder

Was wondering if a newer type rear master cylinder with the built in resivoir would fit straight onto my older KX using the remote resivoir setup? If someone could measure the distance between mounting holes and possibly total height of the body would be great. I'm assuming it would bolt straight on, just interfere with the remote resivoir bracket, which could easily be removed. Thanks

I just looked at the 06 one I have. The mounting holes are the same and the lever link point looks like it will work. The only thing I see is where the banjo bolt attaches. The Honda brake line used a different angle to attach and has a stop boss added so it needs some aluminum removed but, easily done. I could also use the later model foot lever but the Honda pivot hole is larger.

if you want me to pitch my best hand could you do me a kindness and post pic or several of the situation of your master cylinder. If I have pics of all angles I might be able to assist in helping you get one that will fit. I have a few kawasakis and might be able to help you get the right one on it. or if you have a tig or your friend does then you can make anything work.

if the distance between the holes is the same the swingarm might have clearance issues or the frame might not be indented to fit a weirdly shaped cylinder.

alright fine Ill stop eating breakfast to measure our 07 KX250 real quick...

1.4 inches.