Sign in to follow this  

07 yz250 fork oil and settings

I am sure all this info is out there but I've got a time problem. I am the new owner of a 07 yz250 and need to change fork springs and while I am at it fork oil. (outer chamber only) I've been a ktm guy for the last few years but do have some parts left over from my 08 and 06 yz450 days. I'm not sure what springs I have but they feel a little soft. I'm 180 with no gear and a combo of a .44 and a.46 worked good in my 450 and that is what I have in the garage. So Im going to put them in. By the way, I have no manual yet. First question is what oil, how much or do I set it to height? Outer chamber only. Next question is what is the stock comp and rebound settings? Also while I am asking what do I set my rear sag too? Thanks for the info and I promise I will get a manual.

I bought an 07 250 this fall. and redid the shock and forks too. revalved the forks and shock back to stock. I weigh 175 w/ out gear. I think that if the springs are proper as far as free length and preload is concerned the rates will be close. you may want to do the inner chambers too just to check everything , get clean oil in there and maybe do the free piston mod. I run amsoil 5w in the front and rear. 350 cc in each fork outer. rear sag should be 4". I start clickers @ 12 out and adjust from there. I love the suspension on the bike stock! check the stickys at the top of the yam 2 stroke page for lotsa good info.

Hey man!

According to Yamaha's website

Front forks:

Oil: Yamaha S1

the length of the spring is 479 mm or 18.86

Compression: 11 clicks out

Rebound: 7 docks out

Rear shock:

1 1/2 turns out in high speed compression(big blue knob)

Compression: 13 clicks out

rebound: 10 clicks out

Thanks man and god bless

Alex

I have an 06 YZ250 and weigh 180 also. I am pretty decent Vet-A rider. Stock felt just a little too soft for me so i put .44's in the forks and a 5.0 on the rear, so both just slightly stiffer than stock. Forks at 360cc of oil and 5w both forks and shock with 4" of sag. Feels really good now.

the aussie yamaha website has online manuals for free download for 2005 and newer i believe. worth a shot. just print what you need to look at.