Sign in to follow this  

03 KX250-Cory Huberty-Motor Info

I have a 03 KX 250 that I aquired a couple of months back on craigslist. I was told only that it had a stroker kit and henson clutch basket and it was a race bike. Since then it has developed a bottom end knock. I'm looking for any info on this motor (bottom and top end, porting) before I start ordering parts

The Bike has Cory Huberty's name and #20 on it ,black plastics, frame is 03, the motor Im not sure if it was changed but since it was raced who knows thats why Im here.

I have spoke with SixTwelve and they asure me that it Corys old bike

Im doing the rebuild myself so any info:bonk: is helpful

first thing is buy a good service manual and then google rebuilds on youtube for more help if needed.

Jeenkinz listed a good parts reference article in the stickies up top so give that a look also.

Sorry man I don't know Cory Huberty but good luck with the rebuild. If you need specific help ask jeenkinz or no1clyde they are both the experts here. :smirk:

Hey I can help you out with a service manual. Like blackwoodz said, you will need the service manual if you plan on doing any motor work to the bike.

I found this while searching for my 2002 kx250 manual, but i could only find one for the 2003 2004 2005 KX250. So those of you who have 03 04 05 kx125 or kx250, MERRY BELATED CHRISTMAS!

here you go just click on regular download:

http://megaupload.com/?d=LV0V48CT

I doubt the motor is different, but you can find out if you give us the serial number on the MOTOR, not the one on the frame. And there should be a number on the cylinder too if i'm not mistaken, i think mine is 1959 for 2002 model

Edited by jkenney177

Never heard of Cory Huberty either but I know a guy named Tom Morgan built some stroker KX 250's a few years ago and all so Eric Gorr has too. I would check the stroke before taking the motor apart to know for sure it is stroked. If it is stroked there should be a spacer under the cylinder. In the FAQ sticky above there are case splitting and reassy threads you should check out. Post pics of the bike and the parts, cylinder, head, piston, crank and cases and we will give you our opinion.

Ed

He's a kid that races C class around here.

Unless the rod has been changed to a different length, a stroker crank won't change anything for the bottom-end rebuild. The crank and rod bearings should still be the same. If the rod is a different length, you'll have to find a rod with the same dimensions.