Sign in to follow this  

Michigan anywhere in MI that has safe ice to ride on?

just like the title says, i have heard there are people riding in one of the coves on houghton lake but i dont think that is very safe. they are reporting 3in of ice.

I am not giving up just yet, there were a few people that rode today on a cove in houghton lake. They said it was safe with over 5 in of ice. I will be out next weekend if it holds true.

Yeah i got that tip on saturday night and rode out there sunday. I must have did almost 100 laps on the tt i was some great riding. First time on the ice and it was a ton of fun. I am hoping to go back this weekend again.

Yeah i got that tip on saturday night and rode out there sunday. I must have did almost 100 laps on the tt i was some great riding. First time on the ice and it was a ton of fun. I am hoping to go back this weekend again.

Wish I would have known that. Always like meeting new to me riders.

I won't ride this weekend, booked solid.

Yeah let me know about next weekend. I am abour 2 hours away and now we have ice down here but i am willing to drive to get some TT time. I am heading up there tomorrow morning hopefully there are some guys riding.

Not sure if you guys know Whiskey Creek has an ice oval. Stopped by this past Saturday for a snowmobile poker run. Track was open to the public. Might want to give them a call as I don't have any more details.

Derek

I dont think there is going to be anything going on next weekend anyways, its 50 degrees out right now and had sever thundershowers about 5 hours ago. Doesnt look good i think ice season is over.

Don't say that, we still have all of February.

This rain will make some nice smooth ice if it gets REALLY cold soon.

I just heard off that park in on cadillac lake they still have 9 to 11 inches of ice, i will be out there on saturday for sure.

I have ridden the last two weekends just northeast of Grand Rapids.

8" on the 12th.

5" yesterday. The sun really turned the ice bad yesterday afternoon but I got my fix in and let my buddy ride ice for his first time. I think he is on here. Maybe he will see this!

These photos are from yesterday!

GOPR0556.jpg

GOPR0557.jpg

GOPR0558.jpg