Sign in to follow this  

I Joined the XR250 Club!!!

After going trail riding w/ my cousin a couple weeks back, I fell in love. It was great. The next question was: What bike am I gonna buy? I knew that I couldn't continue to ride the TT-R 125 that I had rode that day (I'm 6'1" 215#). So I started doing research and I found my bike. I bought it Wednesday night. 1198 XR 250R.

See you around Sam Houston Nat'l Forest. :smirk:

Here it is:

042.jpg

After going trail riding w/ my cousin a couple weeks back, I fell in love. It was great. The next question was: What bike am I gonna buy? I knew that I couldn't continue to ride the TT-R 125 that I had rode that day (I'm 6'1" 215#). So I started doing research and I found my bike. I bought it Wednesday night. 1198 XR 250R.

See you around Sam Houston Nat'l Forest. :lol:

Here it is:

042.jpg

Nice ride. :bonk:

Looks to be in good shape for a bike made in the 12th century. :smirk:

Looks to be in good shape for a bike made in the 12th century. :lol:

:smirk:

Yeah, I was a little worried what shape it was gonna be in, but it's in good shape and didn't cost me a lot of $$$.

Nice bike, welcome to the club.

Looks to be in good shape for a bike made in the 12th century. :smirk:

They may be old...... but you can ride em to hell and back.

All you have to do is fill it with fuel and change the oil now & then. :lol:

if it is stock

nt near as easy as an XR650R :smirk:

Nice ride, congrats.

is it easy to kickstart it?

Well, the more experienced riders that I ride w/ kick it over on one kick. It takes me a couple.

E bay was one of the reasons I went for the XR250. Plenty of spares available, even here in UK. Today I picked up a crankshaft and con rod, cylinder and liner, head with cam and valves, and a rocker cover with all rockers for £140. All in good order. Thought that was pretty reasonable.

Nice. It took me a couple days to figure out the starting when I got my 250, but after that it always started super easy. Now that I have a stock cam with the autodecompressor it is even easier.

Before you go buy plastics, I suggest you get a crf250/450 05-08 front fender. It allows the headlight to work much better and they are really cheap everywhere.

Nice bike. I have a '96 with a 280 kit in it. The ports have been cleaned up a little and the carb has been re jetted. It is relatively easy to start until you drop it and then good luck. It may not be so bad if you still have the manual decompression lever. Mine has been removed and I intend on replacing asap.