Sign in to follow this  

California Where do I fit in?

So I've got a bike and now I guess I need a helmet so I don't shoot my eye out. Someone told me to figure out where I fit in and so far it looks like the guys on the other intermediate ride forum

So I've got a bike and now I guess I need a helmet so I don't shoot my eye out. Someone told me to figure out where I fit in and so far it looks like the guys on the other intermediate ride forum

I'm assuming you're joking about the helmet:bonk:, you should have all your gear when you ride: Helmet, goggz, gloves, boots, etc...

The best way to find out is come out and ride. We have all levels of riders from all different backgrounds. Some fast, some slow, some in between.

How long have you been riding? This group is all about having a good time:thumbsup:.

• Like 1

I'm assuming you're joking about the helmet:bonk:, you should have all your gear when you ride: Helmet, goggz, gloves, boots, etc...

The best way to find out is come out and ride. We have all levels of riders from all different backgrounds. Some fast, some slow, some in between.

How long have you been riding? This group is all about having a good time:thumbsup:.

:smirk:

Please get some safety gear before coming out with us... But we welcome all skill levels and such... Where are you located?

From everything you've posted I am still undecided if you are a troll or not. But if you are real I'd learn riding edicate in Baldy Mesa, El Mirage & Gorman before venturing on open desert rides. Show up with a helmet... and keep reading as much as you can here. There is a sense of seriousness beneath the good fun if you wanna ride for real... with real riders. Nobody wants to die having a good time. Nobody wants to carry you or your bike back to staging... but they have to if you come unprepared and/or not ready for the ride of the day. Being safe and prepared leads to MORE fun... not less. :smirk:

• Like 1

OK I got the riding gear lecture in the other forum. I actually meant to write more but something happened with my BlackBerry and I think I lost it all. Really my question was more about where to ride in who to ride with but it seems like unless I have all the proper gear that who is no longer a question. I guess it's really just a matter of where. El Mirage is where my uncle used to take me as a kid but the dude that sold me the bike told me that it's not worth going to anymore.

Where do you live? There's plenty of places around so cal. Give us a bit of info and we can help you out.

I guess it's really just a matter of where.

I think that most of us would concur - the obvious place for you is Hungry Valley! :lol::smirk:

:bonk:

• Like 1

Come ride with me out at on MLK, we could have a great time. I'll show you some fun trails but you will need to wear a heelmet.

I think that most of us would concur - the obvious place for you is Hungry Valley! :lol::smirk:

:bonk:

+1 or perhaps Rowher Flats which is closer in if you are in LA.

+1 or perhaps Rowher Flats which is closer in if you are in LA.

Rowher is no where near the caliber of HV:prof: HV = DA Bomb

• Like 1

We would love to have you come ride with us. We ride long loops, through multiple terrains, usually 35-80 miles.

We would expect you to be fully prepared with all the necessary riding gear and protection, as we have enough trouble taking care of our own bikes, and bikes and riders that crash and break down.

If you choose not to ride with any protective gear, perhaps you need to re-think your plans.

also.. what kind of bike do you have? is it green, red sticker or plated? what's the range your bike can go, and what is Your range that you can go? what kind of riding are you interested in? trail, track, open, etc..

Come ride with me out at on MLK, we could have a great time. I'll show you some fun trails but you will need to wear a heelmet.

LOL . . . I'll find the number for Search and Rescue and have the number for the Helo handy!!! I can't imagine what condition I'd be in if I didn't have all the gear on that ride with you out in Rowher. The first thing I remember was going face first into the rocks, I'm ugly enough as it is already, would have been a mess with out a helmet. Wearing ALL the gear I was lucky enough to hobble away with fairly minor injuries . . . busted up hand (3+ months and it still ain't right), broken toe, chipped ankle, and some nice bruising. Without the gear I'm sure I would have also broke my elbow, broken vs. bruised ribs, and probably would have done more damage to my ankle.

Screw the helmet, you don't need one, heck in the summer, I wear sandals instead of riding boots, keeps my feet from sweating too much. Plus I feel much more "at one with nature". Maybe you, me and White Gold can plan a ride.

This forum has been pretty boring lately, your posts sure have livened this place up.

Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

Thank you for the sincere invites but I'm not sure I quite meet everybody's standards yet. I did go by play it again sports after work and pick up a helmet and boots, I've got snowboarding gloves at the house and I think with a pair sunglasses I should be in pretty good shape. My bike is a 205 250 X but I have no idea what kind of gas range it has since I haven't really ridden it yet. I'm not really interested in doing big jumps which is why I didn't think I needed all the gear in the first place. All of my riding so far he's been out in the desert so that's all I really know.

So far I've heard Rowler flats, Gorman and Hungry Valley. I live in Redondo Beach so I don't really know which is closest to me. We went to the desert over Thanksgiving we were out mear Barstow and it took close to three hours to get there in the camper. I' like to keep things closer to home if at all possible strictly to save on gas money.

As far as all the jokes and funny pictures, I've got pretty thick skin so you're Gonna have to try harder than that. I might be new to riding but I'm not "new" to life.

So when are we going to find out if you fit into Neversurfaced? Morbid curiosity....

I'm always on top! :smirk:

Alex, Gorman (hungry valley) is probably the closest place to you, for your kind of riding. North on I-5, exit gorman. Left under the freeway then make a right past mcdonalds. go about 1 mile. the entrance is on the left. It's about a 1 hour 15 minutes from the southbay. Weekends and holidays are best for riding there.

• Like 1