Sign in to follow this  

Polaris 2007 Ranger 700 bog

My buddy has an 07 Polaris Ranger 700 lately he has been experiencing a bog, or similar, when he is going about 15 mph or so at a steady speed it seems like a bog or almost feels like the brake is being applied, the dealer told him to clean the fuel injector body, he did that and installed a new drive belt, took both the primary & secondary apart all was good, once past the so called bog the machine runs fine, has anyone been down this road with these issues.

thanks

Chet

Clean the TBAP sensor, and check for broken wires in the TBAP harness(very common polaris part number 2875542).

Check the fuel pressure on the port that looks like a valve stem it should be 39 to 41 psi. If you don't have the pressure pull the pump put of the tank and clean the strainer off at the bottom of the tank. I had this same problem. Polaris will not sell just the fuel pump you have to buy the entire tank assembly with the fuel pump installed. After some research on some TT threads I found that an Airtex E8335 fuel pump is the same fuel pump (cross referenced Bosch fuel pump) you can get it for about $65 at auto zone. A lot better than $500 Polaris tank with pump. I have passed this on to all of my friends with Polaris machines it works. The pump says 100 psi but the regulator will take care of that. Very common problem, glad I finally found a question that I could help with. Happy trails.