Sign in to follow this  

2012 300xc running awesume

I wanted to say thanks to those of you who helped me jet my 300.

Some TT head told me to try a N3CH needle 3rd clip position. Man what a difference it made.

3000'

Woods

N3CH

clip 3rd position

40 pilot

AS 1 1/4 out

main 162

thanks again every one:worthy:

Good to hear and your also in California so gives me a good base to go off of.do you have stock pipe? I put a fmf pipe and silencer with the sxs head, I may try the audio air Stryker 38mm carb as it made a huge difference on the 250 sx:thumbsup:

Yes it is a kehin it's made by a place called sudco in southern California , pretty sure it's called the pwk 38mm air Stryker .. On the 250sx gave it a lot more mid top which I think 300 would be perfect for since it's so torquey. Going to try it on the 300 next weekend .

Edited by norcal_hoss

Yes it is a kehin it's made by a place called sudco in southern California , pretty sure it's called the owl 38mm air Stryker .. On the 250sx gave it a lot more mid top which I think 300 would be perfect for since it's so torquey. Going to try it on the 300 next weekend .

That surprises me, I would be intrested in hearing if you notice a difference on the 300.

I just put the J.D. airstriker on my Cr, and man did it clean-up a lot of things. I was running stock gearing before the carb swap, and seemed a half-step behind the bike after the swap. So I added a tooth on the rear, and bingo, the power is just perfect. The thing gets up on the pipe right when it should, and is clean and responsive everywhere so far.

Right now I'm a believer in pin-point jetting, and just adding or subtracting a tooth in gearing. In my mind (for older bikes especially) its a better upgrade than spending $ on reed systems, or pipes. Better yet if you can try a PWK before buying one, and seeing if you can notice a difference.