Sign in to follow this  

Washington Tire Disposal

Anyone know were i can get rid of 20-30 well used dirtbike tires? The recyclers here in Everett don't want them, Les Schwab wants 2 bucks a piece to take them.

Anyone know were i can get rid of 20-30 well used dirtbike tires? The recyclers here in Everett don't want them, Les Schwab wants 2 bucks a piece to take them.

climbing gyms buy shredded tires as floor covering for the bouldering areas. i guess if you could get them shredded somehow they'd take them.

i usually just throw them into recycling every couple weeks.

I don't know about where you are located but here in eastern Washington our land fills allow 3 or 5 tires (not sure on the exact number) per load. I once brought about 7 dirt bike tires and they let me through just that once and told me to stick to the allowed amount thereafter. They could have made me keep the extra tires until next load but were very kind to me. Just give them a call before hand and ask what is allowed. As long as your going to dump some stuff anyway it is a inexpensive way to get rid of them.

Although with as many tires as you have I would bite the bullet and give Les Schwab $80 and be through with it.

+1

Give your local landfill / transfer station a call and see how many you can dump at a time. I can take three at a time to my local transfer station, so I just make sure that I take them as they are replaced.

Just don't dump them on the side of the road like some folks do (I doubt you would anyway since you are asking here). Gives us all a bad rap.

The Snohomish County website says they take 5 "passenger car or truck" tires per load.

If you can convince them that one motorcycle tire equals 5 truck tires, you're good.

Just find your local obummer reelection hq and dump them there.

Never let that many accumalate! Nobody wants that many at a time.

King County Transfer Stations will let you bring in 4 passenger/LT tires a trip. they count MC tires as passenger/LT. You can also sawzall the tires into pieces and put into curb side.

Maybe 1 green planet in Renton? http://1greenplanet.org/ Call them first though! They are m-f only and hours are variable sometimes!

Throw a little Armor All on them and leave them in the back of your truck and shop at Walmart. They will be gone by time your done shopping. While you're at it mix your used motoroil in with a gallon of gas and put it in a old crappy can. It to will be gone also. This really does work:smirk:

• Like 2

like the armorall idea, I was thinking wrapping in cellophane and slapping the new tag back on? same idea :smirk:

also thought about running a chain though them and putting them within sight of the road, figured some tweeker would gnaw through the chain to steal them.

how about a directional burn pile for the desert 100 like the good ol days

Anybody in the Portland area can take them to RB Recycling at 8501 N Borthwick. I dropped some off last week for free.

I took a huge stack of dirt and supermoto slicks with my last load to the transfer station here in Mountlake Terrace. In fact, I asked the previous time where I could recycle them and they just said bring them and dump with the next load. I'd just mix them in under a load of household trash, back up, and start tossing it all out like usual.

I doubt anyplace would want that many tires at once.

Since I buy a lot of supplies and parts through cycle gear they usually let me bring in used tires 1 or 2 at a time and they dispose of them for me with their other take offs.

You might ask at what ever bike shop you use regularly.