Trail tool set

8, 10, 12 sockets and open end wrenches, T-handle for the sockets that has flathead and phillips sockets to go with it, tire plug kit and super small pump (only works because I run tubliss, but a lot smaller and lighter than tire irons, big wrench for axle nut and tube/patch kit and can fix a flat in 5 min as opposed to about 30 min), folding allen wrench set, spark plug wrench with hinge in it (came with bike), needle nose pliers with wire cutters, zip ties... I think that covers it for me. I keep it all in a small MSR tool pack in my camelbak and weighs just a few pounds.

No pics, sorry. It has pretty much everything in it that I need for a trail side fix. The tool pouch was meant to be a fanny pack. It has elastic spots in it that holds each tool tight in its own spot and a little zipper pouch for the sockets. The whole pouch folds in half and zips shut. I just cut off the straps that are supposed to go around your waist. It's pretty slim, about 5" wide and maybe 2" thick when folded. Fits nicely in my camelbak. Best of all, it was on clearance years ago. I think I got it for something like $3.

I carry about everything I'll need to fix the bike on the trail.

When I'm wrenching in the garage, I work out of this toolkit. If there's something I need that's not in here, I'd rather find that out in the garage than on the trail. A year or two of wrenching and I've got all the tools I need to do everything short of major engine/transmission work.

That's just tools. I also carry a bunch of other stuff in my pack... CO2/Pump, orange flagging tape, baling wire, sometimes a gatorade bottle with coolant in it, fuel can, spare shift lever...

For some reason this kit gets used more on other people's bikes than my own. ?

DSC06573.jpg

Depend on the distant of the trail, can you get help easily or to the main road? if not, then you got to bring more than what stated above. spare chain master link, at least 2 spare tube (21"), some first aid medical supplies, mini air pump, common wrenches for your bike, front and rear axle wrench, spare plugs, plug wrench, electrical tape, zip ties, spare vespa clutch cable, vice grip wrench(in case you broke your levers or gear shifter). etc...