Sign in to follow this  

Clutch slave removed - o ring replace?

Hello all,

Been having a few issues with my clutch. Have bleed system every which way. Next step replace o-ring in the slave.

I have the Brembo slave off the bike can someone tell me how to remove and replace the oring please,

Can I use the clutch lever to force out the slave piston or will this damage something?

How do I correctly do the job,

Thanks for any help.:smirk:

DSC00462.jpg

KTMtalk guys told me the only way to bleed the clutch properly is to use a feed store syringe and force fluid up from the slave into the master reservoir. I've done it that way, but always had to use the clutch lever for finish bleeding. The 'o' ring is generally serviceable, mine is original with 10k of riding and I use the clutch a lot.

Using mineral oil, I filled the reservoir and squeezed the lever 3 times. Gently open and close the bleeder. Gently, because you need to repeat this 6-8 times filling the reservoir as it goes down. I don't bother with the syringe as this seems to work fine for a firm sensitive clutch.

KTM OEM parts shows replacement 'o' ring and 'o' ring/piston if necessary.

Good Luck

Iam thinking on the new brembo mc you use brake fluid.The magura use mineral oil.Dont know if it would hurt a thing but i wouldnt take a chance.

As far as the seal i cant help.Never had to work on slave.Go over to ktmtalk and do a search if you cant find out there you wont ever.

Thanks for the advice. Been over the KTMtalk but have to wait till i'm back at work as the forum does not except free personal email (google yahoo etc) mail accounts to join up:bonk::smirk::bonk::lol::bonk:

guess i'll have to wait to next weekend then!

I bled my clutch using the standard pump up and crack bleeder method, it's been working great since spring.