Sign in to follow this  

Dakar 2012

the 2012 Dakar is on , a true test of man and machine

some of the ' get off's ' are :smirk: , the dune sections are nasty and the sand is like powder . the temp in some area's is 50 deg C , the bikes are not light and to cover those distances takes real effort .

in the car section a few trick MINI 's are up the front

the 2012 Dakar is on , a true test of man and machine

some of the ' get off's ' are :smirk: , the dune sections are nasty and the sand is like powder . the temp in some area's is 50 deg C , the bikes are not light and to cover those distances takes real effort .

in the car section a few trick MINI 's are up the front

Ive wondered why there hasnt been anything on TT about it. Ive been following along on adv and CH. I hope Robby and Johnny keep bringing the heat next week. I would like to see Ned break into the top 25 for the finish.

Awe inspiring landscape, big bikes, garbage trucks and the David and Goliath battles between the hummers and mini's...what more can you ask for in a race?

This is the first year I've really watched the Dakar and it truly is awe inspiring. My neighbor (Bill Conger) was racing but after going down the bike was damaged and Bill pushed on as long as humanly possible before his Dakar came to an end. If you want a great read, jump over to ADVRider.

My hats off to anybody who even attempts this feat. Hoping Robby Gordon gets back into the groove and kicks some azz.