98 rm125 and 97rm125 front forks

can any one tell me if the diameter is the same on the forks ? i have a 1997 rm125 and need to replace the forks so was looking at getting the next year conventional forks, will the 98 forks also affect the wheel brakes etc any help would be awesome

96 to 2000 rm 125 and 250 use the same forktubes. there are 5 different models of 125's t,v,w,x,y each one has its own forktube according to the microfische. just make sure you get the right model.

the t anx v models have the same partnumber. x, w , y all have different part numbers. if you dont know what model you have. you can give your vin to a suzuki dealer and they can tell you.

If you are replacing the complete fork assembly then 96-98 is the same. As for the actual part numbers of the steel tubes, it's common for an updated part to have a very minor, virtually imperceptible change. The 97-98 fork was essentially identical.

If you are replacing the complete fork assembly then 96-98 is the same. As for the actual part numbers of the steel tubes, it's common for an updated part to have a very minor, virtually imperceptible change. The 97-98 fork was essentially identical.
Are you sure 97 n 98 RM forks were identical no changes at all? I know the 96 had more underhang.I ask because I have about 5 sets of 97 n 98 RM forks.They are really good woods,offroad forks. I wish someone would make these today because the newer Showas TC USD from about 02 on are way better than they were in 97 n 98.Newer conventionals using todays USD technology would be great.

surly there would be some update from 97 to 98 thats why im wanting to know if they fit and wont affect the brakes wheel wheel spacers etc and yes the 96 have more under hang

The 96-98 forks are all interchangeable in terms of fit. They are all different internally so you'll want to run a pair and not mix and match. I believe the 99-00 will mount right up as well but again both years are different inside.

The 97-98 fork was essentially identical.

The 97 and 98 were "completely" different on the side. Every piece was different in one way or another. Just like the 96 was completely different on the inside as the other years.

that's what i wanted to know that they will "fit" and id assume that as there a year newer they would be slightly better than the year before, i would get a pair of them will the wheel spacers and brakes still bolt up and fit ?

I thought the 97 n 98 were the same but the 98 had possibly a special coating of some type and a possible valving change?

I thought the 97 n 98 were the same but the 98 had possibly a special coating of some type and a possible valving change?

I did too until I bought a set of 98 with junk sliders off ebay to use as spare parts and then found out that nothing in them was compatible with my 97 forks.