Sign in to follow this  

correct rates for 2012 KTM 150sx

I just bought a 2012 KTM 150SX and I need to make sure I got the right spring rates. I am aware there are calculators online for this but I have read that sometimes results are different so I wanted to come here and ask you guys.

I am 42, 220-225 lbs and ride local motocross at an amateur level I would say. I have also read that the 150sx sits kind of high and was wondering if anyone feels the same way about this bike and what might be done to combat it.

Racetech calc says .49kg front and 5.2 kg/mm (use closest available) but there were none to chose from for some reason. I went to mxtech site and its cal didn;t even list ktm bikes past 2010.

Need some help figuring out what's right for me on this bike.

thanks but I need to wait until I figure out what setup I need. I can probably get a deal through my dealer as well on springs.

anyone else know where i can find online spring calcs?

thanks but I need to wait until I figure out what setup I need. I can probably get a deal through my dealer as well on springs.

anyone else know where i can find online spring calcs?

i would call slavens or enduroenginerring,factoryconnection

I'm 220 too, on my 12' 250SX I have, .51 kg/mm in the fork and 5.8 kg/mm on the shock with 30mm free sag & 105 rider. I would be guessing .48's/5.6 would be about right for you and your bike.