Sign in to follow this  

Oregon Where to watch the season opener???

Hey Guys

Who know a good place (sports bar?) to watch the supercross season opener

tomorrow?

I usually have a party at my place but not this year, so im looking for a good new spot.

Im in West Linn so im hoping for something kinda close (portland, beverton, oregon city, wilsonville)

Any ideas? Most places will be showing it on a TV, but I wanna find a place that will have the volume up and hopefully other riders around.

Thanks

for the info

Wow - thanks for the heads up. BTW there are repeats on speed tonight from 9 till midnight. Good warm up.

I will watch from my living room. I have seen it on at sports bars but I prefer to have the DVR on for my own rewind and replays.

However if I was going to go some where to watch I would try Big Al's in Beaverton.

http://www.ilovebigals.com/beaverton/sportsbar/sportsbar.aspx

Enjoy !

Big als in vancouver will be full of motoheads and one very large screen

If i am not whipped from riding I might just do that.

hmm, I never thought of that. I may have to make my way over there.

-Z

P.S. I can no longer read that website without separating the words differently....

www.iLOVEbiGALS.com

Apex bar on 12th and Division in SE PDX. Big screen, owner is a dirt rider. Chris from Cycletune told me there is going to be a few there. 50 some-odd beers and mexican food. OLE!

A bunch of us Oregon Old Timers MX guys plan on being there for that...

But I've never been there before. I can find it easy enough but I thought that place was, like, a bowling alley?

How's that Hangover video going, Dave???

Jimmie

I just called Big All's in Vancouver and they said NO SUPERCROSS, they will have football on the big screen. I called Brother's on 192nd and they said they would be more than happy to put the Supercross race on the TV;)

Joe........

I just called Big All's in Vancouver and they said NO SUPERCROSS, they will have football on the big screen. I called Brother's on 192nd and they said they would be more than happy to put the Supercross race on the TV;)

Joe........

Thanks for that! That would have sucked to find out when we got there :smirk:

I haven't been to Brother's before (and google turns up nothing), where about is it? EDIT: (Oh, wait, is it that burger place in the strip mall thing over there by the newer costco?)

Joe........

Thats odd, there will be alot of people down there tonite for the supercross, i bet the football guys get kicked to the end zone

If anyone went to Big All's let me know how it went. I would like to have a place like that close by to go watch these races.

Joe........

If anyone went to Big All's let me know how it went. I would like to have a place like that close by to go watch these races.

Joe........

Went to brothers for a bit, nobody was there, headed down to big als and they had it on their big screen by then. Was pretty awesome, really.

Joe, a guy in the Oregon Old Timers MX club called down to Big Al's (as did I) after reading your post above here. I was told "No. We will not be showing the Supercross on the Big Screen. The football playoffs will be watched instead." when I called. :lol::bonk:

My friend called & spoke to the manager, and was told that since the football game between New Orleans & Detroit would be going on first, we could see the supercross after that game ended. Made sense to me. I'd imagine if you stopped a playoff football game with one quarter left to watch something else, your customers would possibly get a little surly..... :smirk:

We had to watch a couple of "silent" heat races on the "smaller screen" (which I think is still bigger than my house), then got to watch the rest of the race, with sound, on the really big tv..... It was fun!

Jimmie

Jay lured me over to his house with free beer;)

Holy crap RV was unstoppable. The off season training is showing.

Dungey strikes me as just a little to nice out there. He let Stewart by with no challenge at all. I would love to hear Erin Bates ask RD on the podium "So just what were you thinking as Stewart passed you"???

Stewart is fast. We got a crappy start and worked his way up looking smooth. I expected him to relax a bit then mount a charge on Reed. His getoff made him look like novice.

Reed is solid just not at the level RV is.

RV owned the night and looks to be racing at a whole different level.

Joe....

Agreed - RV is a level above the rest. Chad did look good and solid. But I have a lot of hope for Dungey. I am hoping they get the KTM dialed in a bit better for him. I saw him coming up a bit shorter than the rest off that triple. And for James ( HA HA ). Lot's of hype and speed but couldn't finish AGAIN.

Do they show the live races at Big Al's regularly? Do people go regularly? I don't have cable anymore, and these are about the only thing I miss, really...