Sign in to follow this  

NorthCarolina Need advice for trail riding for new young riders

Hello I am new to the forum. I purchased my daughters dirt bikes for Christmas. I have riding experience but they are newbies. We have 5 acres to ride on but I am looking for some riding off our property come spring. I want to do some trail riding that is not to hard and I do not want to get in the way of the serious riders. Can anyone give me some advice.

Oh. Sorry. That would be some good information I could have included. We are in the Asheville area. Western north carolina.

Brushy would probably be your best bet. You will need a form filled out and notarized before going. It is on their website. You can run the main road around, and you can run the youth trail.

What bikes are they on? How green are they at riding?

By spring/summer it will be about a year of riding dirt trails on 5 acres through woods.

Can I ride the youth trail with them?

The 10 year old is on a Honda xr80 and 13 year old is on a Honda xr100.

Brushy is a great place for the family. Took 3 of my children there on Saturday and we had a ball. One way trails make it much safer than Brown Mountain.

YEAH MORE GIRLS RIDING!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats.

Sorry had to put this in here.

Don't know areas up there but if ever in Southeast Florida look me up.

We have trails and lots of family friendly places to go. I have an 8 year old and 6year old. They ride everywhere with us.

Hey, i just gave my 8 year old son his first dirtbike (crf 70) for Xmas! He is in the early stages of learning how to ride, but might meet up with you and your kids later this year after he learns some more. We are in Lattimore (next to Shelby), NC.

Another spot for you to take your kids would be Carolina Adventure World. It's a little bit further for you then Brushy / Brown but is huge, lots to offer, and easy trails.

Edited by GosuPaintballer

I've taught a couple of kids how to ride :smirk:

Enoree trails in SC is quite a drive for ya, but a perfect place for kids to learn to ride trails with others. there's not much traffic, but some. the trails are easy to ride hardpack and smooth and well-maintained. It has been the first trail ride for all of my riders (first 4 boys). I just bought a house with some flat land, so I'll be working on my daughters this summer :lol:

For the bikes they're riding and riding for 1 year in 5 acres of woods, I'm thinking they should be able to ride Wayehutta (aka Cullowhee). It is the first mountain trail I take my kids on. they are 2 way, but usually it is only slow 4-wheelers on the trails. there are rocks and hills, but nothing they can't do on those bikes. I started my 2 oldest on the XR50 there :lol:, before they closed the big hill :bonk: The XR50 was difficult in a couple of places, but the TT-R90 (same as your XR70) never has a problem there. Great place to ride, although I haven't been there in a few years.