Sign in to follow this  

rejetting for the winter

i got the stock jets in my bike now, but as it gets colder my bikes running like crap in the colder weather.

anyone rejet for the winter? what do you use? i got a 08 rmz, any hints on what sizes to use?

thanks, Brady

wow bringing up my old thread, but i was just making sure this was still ok to do with a jd jet kit and full exhaust system. im assuming it is but better safe then sorry. thanks.

hello. I have the same bike as you and also the jd jettings. can you please tell me what is you set up for winter and summer.

my bike has some little esitation when opening the throttle but only for a second and as soon as the rmps go higher then it fixes up.

what i did was went and looked at my jd jetting paper work and i read that the blue needle is best for 50 degrees and lower. i swapped needles out and it works great.

So you put the blue neddle at what position. Can you tell me please what is the temperature where you live. Here in sicily it goes from 8 to 12 celcius and I do not know wich needle to choose.

well in the winter time the temp is below 50 degrees in Washington. I try to get an early start so some times its below freezing when I fit the first trail.

my blue needle is in the middle position. last Sunday I was riding in 20 degrees weather and the bike ran great.

I hope you can help me out. My bike starts fine and runs fine exept for when I open the throttle at wot from lets say low rpm it does the same thing as when you push the shut off engine button but if I go back with throttle it get better.

P.s. sorry if I do not know all the dirt bike terms but I am Italian.