Sign in to follow this  

CaveMike getting 450, not sure ktm 450sxf/yz450f

CaveMike need get 450 for sometime 250 2stroke not what him want. Him like 2 stroke for woods, but him need get second bike, want bike better for high speed. CaveMike want get 450 mx bike, setup for offroad/desert/harescramble. CaveMike no want kx or rmz, be too heavy. CaveMike no trust honda. CaveMike want 2010+ ktm450sxf, or 2010 yz450f. Him not know. Ktm be nice bike, but yz look awesome, be fuel injected. Who racing what now?

I picked up a 2009 left over YZ last May. Using it for a season, I wish I had picked up a new FI YZ instead. Because, with the reverse layout everything is far more accessible to work on and adjust. Plus the GYTR tuning tool doubles as an hour meter and you can tune out the low end bark and or setup the curve how you wish. And, the white ones have tradtional white/red/black Yamaha colors and look sexy.

If I had a KTM dealer within 200 miles of me, I would get a KTM 450 though no question. I race harescrambles/gp's and the MAGIC BUTTON on dead engine starts is an advantage. I rode an '11 sxf this fall and its power was intoxicating.

TLDR version:

Cavemike sabertooth tiger wound on right leg, want red button + Horsepower = KTM

Cavemike want sexy bike with blue gameboy thing + reliable like cave = YZ