Sign in to follow this  

Yamaha Blaster engine problem

The top end has never been done and it's a 2003. I think It's jetted correctly, it's my friends quad and about a month ago he was riding it and went to smash on the throttle to catwalk but it revved up then backfired loudly and shut off.

just curious have you checked the oil in it ? is it low . It kinda sounds like a air leak to me butt i could be wrong . I have had a leak around the crank seal it acted similar . to find a air leak start bike and spray starting fluid around intake boot , base gasket and behind flywheel of course you would need to pull cover first . if it revs up you would know it has a leak . also low oil would tell you its going somewhere possibly bad seal leaking inside center case . could be top end butt kinda sounds like a air leak . jmo

check the reeds, had 2 reed issues on the blasters, occasionally they like to pop out of place! horrible engine design, I went through 3 motors in one year.

just curious have you checked the oil in it ? is it low . It kinda sounds like a air leak to me butt i could be wrong . I have had a leak around the crank seal it acted similar . to find a air leak start bike and spray starting fluid around intake boot , base gasket and behind flywheel of course you would need to pull cover first . if it revs up you would know it has a leak . also low oil would tell you its going somewhere possibly bad seal leaking inside center case . could be top end butt kinda sounds like a air leak . jmo

I premix my gas and okay I thought it was the top end but wanted to see what you guys thought before pulling apart the motor. I think I'll just order in a big bore kit.