Sign in to follow this  

06 Yz 250f accessories?

So i have an 06 yz250f. im looking to deck it out. so far i have:

- Blue raditor hoses

- Blue engine plug kit

- Blue axle blocks

- Blue rear sprocket (new d.i.d chain and front sprocket)

- Blue grips

- Blue/Black hammerhead shifter

- all new blue plastic

Does anyone have any idea of what else i can add to make it look sweet?? any idea would be helpful, links to parts and prices, whatever you come up with! thanks guys

What color are the wheel sets? A set of black Excel wheels with Blue Talon hubs would look nice. Good choice on the chain by the way. I would still get white # plates though. I think the bikes look kinda weird with all blue. Just my opinion. Post pics when you have it done up. :smirk:

Blue brake master cylinder covers or black.

Blue or black chain guide and slider.

Blue or black rear caliper guard.

Gas cap and breather hose dealy bob thingy

Look into graphics and seat cover

There are a lot of things you can custom. Go to eBay and see what people are selling. A lot of people are going to tell you to save your money for gas and tires and track fees by there is nothing wrong with customizing your bike to make it like what you want it to look like and make it different than all the other bikes out there.

How about some things that actually do something...like protection or performance mods. Has the valve recall work been done?

suspension re-valve & tuned for your weight

JD jet kit

Hot Cams

Big Bore kit

Rekluse clutch

new exhaust

steering damper

stainless steel brake lines

folding levers

hand guards

skid plate

radiator braces and/or guards

rotor guards

PMB kickstand

wide foot pegs

spare air filters

tugger straps

and since it's 5+ years old, when was the last time it had:

a new cam chain

a new piston

a valve job

new bearings(wheel, suspension, swing arm & steering stem)

the suspension oil and seal changed

the exhaust re-packed

or the radiator flushed

• Like 1

yea right now i just have plain silver excel rims and hubs. The black rims with blue hubs does sounds nice tho! lol. Yea i always go with d.i.d i love it. i actually do have white number plates lol and im planning on getting numbers since i do race. OH i didnt even think about the cahin and caliper gaurds or the master cylinder cover those all sound awesome!! Ill look into them. and yea ill definetly post a pic of it afterwards. thanks haha.

How about some things that actually do something...like protection or performance mods. Has the valve recall work been done?

suspension re-valve & tuned for your weight

JD jet kit

Hot Cams

Big Bore kit

Rekluse clutch

new exhaust

steering damper

stainless steel brake lines

folding levers

hand guards

skid plate

radiator braces and/or guards

rotor guards

PMB kickstand

wide foot pegs

spare air filters

tugger straps

and since it's 5+ years old, when was the last time it had:

a new cam chain

a new piston

a valve job

new bearings(wheel, suspension, swing arm & steering stem)

the suspension oil and seal changed

the exhaust re-packed

or the radiator flushed

Ive had it for 3 years and ive had a few bikes. So its up to maintanence when it comes to cam chain, piston, valves, suspension etc. i was planning on flushing the radiator when i put the new hoses on.

I do have a 4.1 fmf with a megabomb header exhaust, skid plate, and stainless steel break lines, and the suspension i have set up perfect (factory connection springs), i had handgaurds at one point i should look into getting some more and ill definetly look at the other things you listed. Thanks.

Ive had it for 3 years and ive had a few bikes. So its up to maintanence when it comes to cam chain, piston, valves, suspension etc. i was planning on flushing the radiator when i put the new hoses on.

I do have a 4.1 fmf with a megabomb header exhaust, skid plate, and stainless steel break lines, and the suspension i have set up perfect (factory connection springs), i had handgaurds at one point i should look into getting some more and ill definetly look at the other things you listed. Thanks.

The Pro Moto Billet kickstand really is pretty sweet. It's probably my favorite non-performance mod. Hands down, I the like my engine work(head porting, 269CW kit and cams) the most.