Suspension Revalve

Got a 2012 350 xc-f. I was wondering where you guys are sending your suspension to revalve. I need it re-sprung for my weight and would like it revalved. Riding central IL Hare Scrambles. Mainly dirt, hills, single track, sand creeks, ruts, roots, mud, ect. Just seeing what everyone recommends.

I just got a '12 350 SX-f also and sent mine to MX-Tech. I'm 6'3" and 225lbs and had him revalve, springs, huck valve, his shock valve mod, so pretty much the full meal deal. It's just like the MXA test stuff. I am extremely happy with it for motocross. It is very plush and compliant, tracks very well, handles incredible and the bottoming is very smooth. I've had some very good suspension from Factory connection on my last three bikes, and this is the best stuff I have ever rode. His service is first rate also. He turned it around in one day for me so I could get it before his Christmas break. I highly recommend him. It's not cheap, but I'm glad I got it because it's worth every penny.

I just got a '12 350 SX-f also and sent mine to MX-Tech. I'm 6'3" and 225lbs and had him revalve, springs, huck valve, his shock valve mod, so pretty much the full meal deal. It's just like the MXA test stuff. I am extremely happy with it for motocross. It is very plush and compliant, tracks very well, handles incredible and the bottoming is very smooth. I've had some very good suspension from Factory connection on my last three bikes, and this is the best stuff I have ever rode. His service is first rate also. He turned it around in one day for me so I could get it before his Christmas break. I highly recommend him. It's not cheap, but I'm glad I got it because it's worth every penny.

That set up cost me 1500$. Decent but you can do better. They rely to heavily on the huck valve. For int. MX they only had 250cc of oil in the fork legs and extremely light damping in the mid valve. I am keeping the huck valves in and having SPI address the mid with a Phase 4 kit. I was shocked to find no mid and realize thats why I was blowing through.

The shock didn't have enogh rebound control in it and so either. Not bad but I was not as confident on the shock.

MXA was right it is a decent setup but its not as versatile and you better be prepared to do a lot of testing. Not a bolt on and go thing. They don't tell you how they test like crazy and make changes with the company right there in magazine suspension reviews.

Well, Im pretty sure its a little to far north for you, but Riders Edge suspension in Vernon BC, Canada has to be some of the best stuff out there!

the only reason you make this comment is because they are where you live. Of course you'd say it's the best since it's what you use.

the only reason you make this comment is because they are where you live. Of course you'd say it's the best since it's what you use.

Indeed. Its incredibly difficult to figure these companies out and find out what their philosophies include. It has taken me lots of trips back and fourth with the big name companies, reading all the info I could and breaking the stuff down myself to figure out whats been done and lots of money. All this to arrive to the point I am now- a picky bastard who wants more than to be swayed by words like coefficient and digression and expensive parts. I now realize that the stock pistons are fine and it only takes about $10 in parts to make this stuff perform.

Its all about doing your homework and testing to find who's philosophies on tuning agree with your own. You have to know what you want.

Shock rebound is everything: Many current bikes come with weak rebound circuits and you can not charge because the back end wants to come over. Your back end needs to feel stuck to the ground (planted) while absorbing the hack. When you clip the receiver it should absorb instead of lawn dart you. I feel this is the most important thing to relay to a tuner. Remember Emig talking at the MonsterCup about the fender hitting you in the but? Its over when that starts happening- your settings are wrong- pack it in before you have to test your neck brace.

Food for thaught

for a start get the correct springs in and see what difference that has made, once you've done that you will be able to see what you dont like about the action and convey that to which ever tuner you want to use.

I have a '12 350 xcf and with the standard springs (i'm 220lb) it would blow through the stroke and was quite harsh on the smaller stuff because it was riding so low in the stroke, i put .52 fork springs and a 6.4 in the rear and it made so much difference that even though i've used alot of tuners over the years i feel it's 90% there and ride such varied terrain that i wont be sending it out for a revalve

Of course I would, I have also used other companies such as Pro Action and Enzo. I was happy with their setups but happier with Riders Edge.

That's not possible. You are only saying the stuff that is best because it's on your bike now. Don't kid yourself.

Lol, I know where this is going, your still upset because I called your BS on Suzuki having the best brakes! Let it go man, it's ok.

Was that before or after your rant about not being able to buy one so you got stuck with second fiddle, but suddenly you now have the best suspension in BC to boot? Too funny. I'm not sure you'd know what "good"suspension feels like my friend. ?

Was that before or after your rant about not being able to buy one so you got stuck with second fiddle, but suddenly you now have the best suspension in BC to boot? Too funny. I'm not sure you'd know what "good"suspension feels like my friend. ?

Again, it's ok, there there, let it go!

Also, what are you talking about? Buy one what? Second fiddle to what?

LOL...Hey, great advice...Someone from the States that needs suspension work done (mind you, there's countless shops here to use) should send their suspension out to Canada, (BC no less)...You're a real gem. ?

I know a guy in East India too, but he's a bit East if you don't mind, and you get free curry with your order.